Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

<><><><><>

As I checked the time on my phone, a manly voice greeted me.

"Hey", I looked up and came face-to-face with Beau Bennett.

"Hey", I copied while slightly smiling.

"Just on time I see", I added, reading the time.

"I'm a pretty punctual guy, believe it or not", he replied smiling.

Forget what I said in the bathroom yesterday.

This.

Guy's.

Smile.

Can.

Light.

Up.

A.

Whole.

City.

"Good to know", I said still smiling.

"Um...I asked you to come with me here because I uh... thought we could walk around and then have some dinner", he explained even though no explanation was needed.

"I'm excited to see what this place has to offer", I lied since I already walked around quite a few times by myself already.

"Well then, shall we?", she said opening his hand right in front of me so we can hold hands while we walk.

"We shall", I answered but gave him a pat on the back instead of grabbing his hand.

"That works too", he laughed and off we went, starting to walk.

I was glad that he didn't take that so seriously.

"I noticed you followed me on Instagram", I had the urge to say.

"Darn,I was hoping to go un-noticed", he replied jokingly.

"Nothing goes un-noticed by Batman's partner in crime", I teased back at him.

"What did you choose?", he asked me smirking.

"That's for me to know and you to find out later on when you get back to your hotel", I replied laughing and he laughed back.

As soon as the laughing died down, I decided that maybe I should get to know Beau a little more as a person rather than an NHL hockey star.

"So Beau, tell me about yourself?", I asked looking straight ahead rather than looking into his eyes which would probably cause me to melt.

There I said it and there's no denying it.

"Well, for starters in 2009 I played for Penticton's British Columbia Hockey League team although I had 2 other teams that wanted me", he started to say.

"I didn't mean The Beau Bennett. I meant just Beau Bennett", I clarified.

"You mean the boring, unamusing one? I'm sure you would much perfer The Beau Bennett", he chuckled.

"Really? Because I know girls that would beg to differ", I said, hoping that he didn't know that what I really meant was that I would beg to differ.

"Are you one of those girls?", he smirked.

 I waited a few seconds before saying anything.

"I don't know. We'll see how tonight goes", I smiled and finally found the courage to look him in the eyes and what I feared would happen, did happen.