Chapter Three

Chapter Three

<><><><><>

"Keep on thinking that, bud", I said in a joking matter and shook my head from side-to-side.

"I'm sure that Olivia friend would agree with me", Jason winked.

Olivia, as known as 'Olive', was one of my 3 best friends. 

We met long ago in 5th grade and have been the best of friends ever since and clearly, Jason had the hots for her.

"Jason, we've talked about this. Relatives cannot date other relatives' friends. It's practically the golden rule", I explained to him.

"Olivia oh my sweet, sweet Olivia. You are the wind beneath my wings, you are the yin to my yang. Oh what I would do just to show how much I love you-", he mocked.

"Oh just shut up", I said in reponse to his foolishness.

"What's that I hear? Oh right. That's the sound of your ride slowly slipping...away", he said giving me an evil smirk and lowering his voice.

"What's that I hear? Oh right. That's the sound of me not caring", I retorted while placing my hands on my hips.

"Suit yourself then", he said shurgging his shoulders and then beggining to walk away.

"I was just joking Jason!", I hollared as I rolled my eyes.

"See ya in an hour!", he called back, heading up the stairs and throwing me a peace sign with his fingers.

"A wise boy, eh?", I muttered under my breath.

"I heard that!", he yelled from the top of the stair case.

Was I really that loud?

I made my way out of the kitchen and sat down on on of the lazyboy couches in the living room.

I stretched my body across the sofa, in a laying down position, and reached my arms over my head to grab my all time favorite book, 'The Fault In Our Stars' by John Green and my black framed reading glasses.

I ended up reading longer than I expected to and by the time I reached the mid-way point of chapter 8, I heard Jason make his way down the stairs.

"All set baby cuz?", he smirked while swinging his car keys around his finger.

"I'm not a baby", I sneered.

"I take that as a yes", he remarked.

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Time for me to go gets some San Fran sun!", I exclaimed jumping off the couch and planting the book back on the table as well as my glasses. 

"I'll just be a minute", I added while I walked past Jason and up the stairs.

"Knock, Knock", I said once I arrived at my parents' room.

"Come in", my dad said, looking up from the iPad.

"It's already that time?", he groaned.

"I'll be back at the end of the week", I replied.

"7 days too long", he smiled glumly.

"I'll miss you too, dad", I said trying to cheer up his mood.

"....And mom. I can't get my mind around her leaving for Africa for two month. It seems like she's been gone for ages even though she left last week" , I added.

He nodded.

"But, I think we are doing just fine without her", he smiled.

"Robin! What's taking so long?", Jason screamed.

"Yeesh! I'm comin', I'm comin'!", I yelled right back.

"I'll see you soon dad", I said giving him a big hug.

"Right back at ya princess", he replied returning the hug.

 As we let go, I proceed walking out of the room when my dad called my name.

"Robin?", he asked.

I turned around.

"Make sure to call me everyday", he said in a very good parenting voice.

"Of course boss", I giggled and gave him a salute.

I made my way down the stairs only to see an agitated big cousin.

"Time is ticking", he said annoyed and checking the time on his watch.

"Maybe we can move faster if you carry my suitcase", I suggested while giving him an evil smirk.

"Are you kidding me? I can't be caught dead with a girly purple suitcase!", he practically yelled..

"Okay. Well then I guess we will be here longer than expected", I said nonchalantly.

"Fine", he groaned and started to roll out my suitcase and placed it into the trunk of his black truck.

I got in the passenger seat and Jason took the wheel shortly after.

"Do you have everything?", he asked me raising his eyebrows.

"Um..let's see. Phone. Check. Suitcase. Check. Clothes. Check. Laptop. Check. Pride and Dignity....well, I think I have to go back for those", I joked causing Jason and myself to burst out laughing.

Once we calmed down, Jason began the 45 minute drive to the airport and for the first time, there was barely any conversation between us.

Shocker, I know.

We finally reached the airport and before I got out the the truck, Jason wanted speak with me.

"Look, your my baby cousin and your practically like a little sister to me so do me a favor and please stay safe", he said.

"Don't worry. I will", I answered quietly.

"Stay clear of any boys you hear me?", he warned.

That's Jason for you.

He comes across as a slight jerk and a care-free individual but deep inside, he cares more than you'll ever know.

"You don't have to worry about anything. Especially that", I said in a gloomy voice.

He gave me a small side smile.

"Now get lost", he said still smiling and elbowing me.

"Gladly", I joked and got out of the car.

I made my way to the truck and struggled to put my luggage onto the ground but I did eventually do it.

I waved one last good-bye to Jason and walked to the front doors of the airport.

Author's Note:

Another update in the same day! I'd say I'm on a roll!

I don't really have anything to say to you guys this time except for thanking you once again. You are all amazing <3

Oh and I PROMISE that Beau will make his debut in the next chapter OR the chapter after that.