Chapter One

Chapter One

<><><><><>

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not you'll find an excuse"

Love is expressed as an emotion that can bring positivity into one's life. It starts off by meeting that one person who you may not consider to be anything but another stranger but in the end, you feel yourself slowly falling in love and having no idea how much this stranger might end up meaning to you. 

I was once told by a wise woman that love is what we were born with and fear is what we learned here and that can perfectly explain the situation of my love life as well as many others. But that's about change.

<><><><><>

"I'll talk to you soon", I giggled over the phone as my conversation came to an end.

Who was I talking to you ask?

Kellan Lain.

Kellan and I have been friends a little over a year and each passing second we talk to each other, it feels as if we've been friends for much longer. 

He plays for the 'Utica Comets' AHL team which requires him to live in New York while myself on the other hand lives in Vancouver which creates the barrier between us.

We met each other through my dad (who happens to be the head coach of the Vancouver Canucks) and ever since we were inseparable; through the phone that is.

I know this question is probably lingering around some where in your mind.

Is that her boyfriend?

No. 

No he's not.

I mean sure we had the 'I like her and she likes me' thing going on a little while ago but believe me I'm over it.

In fact, I'm just generally over the whole idea of 'love' and you can thank Wade for it all.

Wade is my ex-boyfriend and that is all that really needs to be said.

No it wasn't because he cheated on me with some girl I didn't even know but what he did do was much worse.

No explaination is needed because well, I scratched that part of my life out.

You know, pretending that it never happened but it did and that's what hurts the most.

"Talking to Kellan again?", my older cousin Jason teased as he waltzed into my room as per usual.

"When will you stop listening to my conversations Jason?", I said throwing one of my pillows, that was on my bed, and throwing it at him.

"When pigs learn how to fly", he answered catching the pillow perfectly and shooting me a smirk.

"Get lost", I laughed to let him know I said that all in good fun.

"Well you see if I get lost I wouldn't be able to drop you off at the airport later on tonight", he said throwing the pillow back at me.

"San Fran, here we come", I said purposly in a really girly voice and catching the pillow at the same time.

I was going to San Francisco with my 3 best friends for an entire week and I couldn't be any happier.

Jason let out a mightly laugh.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone and welcome to my new fanfic! I really do hope you enjoy reading this book and don't you worry because Beau Bennett will be making his appearence in this book within the next 2-3 chapters.

Don't forget to vote and comment because I love to read what you all have to say.

Thank-you Lovelies <3