Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

<><><><><>

The waitress placed the menus on the table.

"I'll be over in a few minutes to take your orders", she smiled sweetly and then walked away, leaving us two alone.

"For m'lady", Beau teased as he pulled out one out of the two chairs for me.

"What a gentlemen", I teased right back, sitting down on the chair.

Beau laughed and finally took his seat right across from me, already looking the menu.

"The 'Teriyaki Chicken' and 'Spring Rolls' sound really good to eat right about now. I'm starving", Beau said almost immediately after opening the menu.

"I can really go for some of their 'Fried Chicken Wings'", I responded after searching through the menu a few times.

"Good thing you've decided because the waiter is already coming back", he smiled.

"Has the lovely couple decided on what they would like to eat?", she asked smiling just as she was before.

One would think that my eyes widened or my face turn red in embarrassment with her statement, but nothing like that happened.

Nothing like that happened because I feel myself starting to like what I'm seeing.

Beau.

Beau and I made eye contact for a measly second as the word 'couple' slipped out.

He cleared his throat.

"Um....Could I get a the uh....Teriyaki Chicken and some Spring Rolls, please?", he asked acting like he was struggling to find the 'right' words to say.

She wrote it down on her note pad.

"And for you miss?", she asked turning to look at me.

"Fried Chicken Wing, please", I answered and gathered both of our menus so it was less work for the waiter to do.

"Thank you", she said as I handed her the menus.

I smiled.

We were left alone once again.

We talked here and there about his hockey career but most of the time, he asked me questions about my University education and I was more than happy to answer them.

Nerdy, right?

Our food eventually came and as soon as it did, we dove right in.

I guess Beau enjoyed his food just as much as I did because there was little to no conversation between us, whatsoever.

Once we were both finished, we called the same waitress over so we could pay the bill.

"I got it", I said grabbing out my wallet and taking out exactly $42.56.

"I brought you here so I should be the one to pay", he retorted while taking out a fifty dollar bill.

"Please don't do this right now. You paid yesterday", I said and called the waitress over once again.

I handed her the bill and the money, tip included, and decided it was time that we left.

Afterall, it was getting pretty dark outside.

"Don't forget about this", he smirked handing me the third note once we reached the tree where our journey started at.

I took it out of his hands.