twenty one

5 years later

"So? Are you as excited as I am?" Josie asks as she sat next to me while she stared at me in the mirror.

"Why wouldn't I be excited?" I laughed.

"You look beautiful, Carter." Lisa compliments, as she adds finishing touches to my hair.

"Thank you so much," I replied, holding her hand briefly before letting go. She smiles brightly before telling me she's going to search for Aspen.

I sighed, I was so nervous. This day has finally come. Ethan finished college a year ago, and for the past year he's been just around, spending as much time with his family as he could.

The night he proposed to me was so special yet so simple. It was in his backyard, and we had just finished putting Aspen to bed and eating dinner.

Now it's my wedding day, and I'm struck with all the memories we went through just to be where we are today.

I find It completely crazy how I've managed to stay friends with Ethan my entire life just to marry him for the rest of it. I couldn't be happier.

The door burst open, and in comes Aspen, running over to me in her cute little dress. "Hi mommy! You look very pretty."

"Thank you, baby." I say, placing her onto my lap, "you look beautiful in your cute little dress."

"Do you like what Nana did to my hair?" She asks, twirling it around her finger and showing it off to me.

I gasp, "I love it! You look like a princess!" She giggles, jumping off my dress and towards Lisa, who played with her the rest of the time.

I'm still not sure how Ethan and I managed to raise a baby at the age of eighteen and still make it out alive. She's bright and smart. She must get that from her dad.

As I made finishing touches to my appearance, Josie interrupts asking if I was ready.

As I deeply sigh, I realized that I really was. I was ready to marry the love of my life in front of all these people. I was nervous, but so excited.

I nod. She holds her hand out for me and I grip onto in as I got up out of my chair.

As I met up with my dad, he examined how I look in my wedding dress, almost tearing up.

"Wow, my beautiful daughter. Her last days as my little girl." His voice saddened.

I laughed, "I'll always be your little girl," I replied. He smiled, locking our arms.

Before you know it, we're walking down the isle and instead of focusing on the crowd around me, all I see is Ethan standing up at the altar, his eyes never leaving mine.

At the corner of my eye, I see Kendall and Aaron tearing up a bit, trying to keep one another from bursting into tears. I see Josie smiling the biggest smile ever, and I see Graysons content face. I notice all of this, but never do I leave Ethan's eyes, for I know that he's most important right now.

As soon as I step up to the altar, everything goes quiet. In stood in front of Ethan, with my hands holding onto his. He smiles a small but genuine smile, and I begin to tear up. I'm devoting my life to this guy, and I'm not regretting it one bit.

I know you'll take care of me, Ethan Dolan.

Exchanging rings and vows go by quick. The I do's leave my mind quicker than ever, and all I wanna do is kiss the stupid fool.

"You may kiss the bride," are the only words I processed through my brain. I chuckle, smiling into the kiss and he leaned in without a single doubt in his body.

The room cheered and cried, and I was far from doom. I was the happiest girl ever. I could hear my little girl cheering for her mommy and daddy as they stood at the altar, and honestly that just made me cry more. I've got it all, what more could I possibly want?

The after party was insane. Everyone had smiles on their faces. People came up to greet me and Ethan, when finally Ethan stands onto the stage unexpectedly and tells everyone he's got a speech to make. Me, looking just confused as everyone else, wondered what he was doing.

"Carter Morris, I don't remember a single day where I didn't think about you. Whether it was in a negative or positive way, regardless I knew I liked you at the end of the day. You have given me so much, more than I could ask for. And when I was acting out in a bad way, I'm thankful that you waited for me. I love you, forever and ever, remember that. I fell in love with you everyday when we were together, and if I'm being completely honest, I hated the image of us being apart. But I must admit, I fell deeper in love with you in the years we spent apart. Because I knew that if I stopped, I'd regret it forever."

My eyes begin to tear up again, and I can't help but have them fall.

He holds up his glass, "to: forever."

————————
END OF CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
and, end of book ;)
thank you to everyone who has stood by me and this book. It's been forever and trust me I'm very much aware. It's been a journey, this book has given me many memories. It's sadly over :( but so glad it's out of the way now so I can begin more work on my other books.

see you in my other books, stay tuned ❤️