six

Watching Alda walk down the isle actually made me shed a tear. I've been to one of her weddings before but then, I was too young to understand anything.

I really wish my dad could have been here to see this. But he's a busy person.

After the vows, and the kissing, we had all transferred into the ball room to party. There, Alda would throw the bouquet of flowers back. She would also do a slow dance with her husband, George.

I look out the many windows, showing the beautiful sunset that shined through them.

It was getting dark, but I was actually excited for that because earlier, I helped some people hang up lights in the garden.

They told me I could light them up when I wanted to, and I chose right now too do so.

I sneak out of the ballroom where everyone was dancing, partying, and having loads of fun, making my way towards the backyard where the garden that we had decorated was.

I plug in the lights instantly making everything much more brighter and beautiful. I smile, admiring the work we had all done. No one was out here. And it made me feel at peace for once. It made me feel happy.

My heels click on the hard mossy cement floor as I made my way to the middle of the garden. The only noise was the fountain of water that displayed in the middle of it all, and the loud music from inside the mansion.

I lean over, taking a glimpse of the girl in the reflection of the mirror. She's very strong, and brave. But most of all, beautiful. Her mother would've been proud of her.

"The party's inside, you know," a voice says, kicking me out of my thoughts. I look over at him quick, nodding my head slowly, thinking of a reply.

"I know," I reply, "it's just... beautiful out here."

He smiles, sitting down on one of the benches, "It is, isn't it," He pats the seat next to him, indicating for me to sit down with him.

Hesitantly, I join him on the bench across from where I'd been standing. Across from the fountain.

"So this is why you came back? For Alda?"

"Yes. I wouldn't just come back for a boy," I say in a duh tone, "especially if that boy didn't have the same feelings for me," I add, mumbling as I said so.

He sits still, not saying anything for a while before getting up from sitting. I watch him as he sticks his hand out for me to hold, waiting patiently for me to grab it.

"Dance with me," he commands, probably not taking no for an answer.

"Convince me why I should," I reply, crossing my arms. A smirk played on my face.

He chuckles, un-crossing my arms and holding my hand making me stand up.

"Because you're madly in love with me."

My smirk disappears as I blush, looking down at my feet. My eyes travel to our hands as they were still holding, and I felt my cheeks get hotter.

"Not fair," I shake my head, lightly laughing.

His arms slide their way around my waist, giving me no choice but to wrap my arms around his neck. Our feet move side to side with the music that was quiet due to the fact that it was coming from inside the building.