one

"You excited?" My friend Josie asks.

I met her here in Australia, and though I've been here for a year, she's my only friend. The girls at our school are selfish, and give bitchy stares. In New Jersey I had friends who were boys, but I just can't seem to make any here.

I let out a sigh, looking over at her where she's lying on my bed, skimming through a fashion magazine.

"Yeah, I am. You said you were coming over to help me pack," she looks up from her magazine, looking at my unpacked suitcase, before letting out a groan, rolling off the bed, and coming over to me.

She sits on the ground next to me, grabbing some clothes, folding them nicely and setting them into my two suitcases.

"How long are you staying anyway," she asks.

"I don't know. As long as it takes me," I shrug.

"Well, I sure am gonna miss you. This year was honestly so much better with you," she chuckles, probably thinking about the crazy memories we've had.

"I'm glad I met you, Carter," she smiles at me, "I haven't had a real friend since a long time ago."

"I'm glad I met you too, Josie."

She sighs, "I cannot believe you're leaving! In less than 48 hours!"

"Chill," I laugh, "I still gotta talk to Lisa, and see if everything's fine."

She nods her head slowly, "who's Lisa again?" She says, making a confused face, as if I've never told her.

"She's a friends mom. Haven't I told you a couple times?" I chuckle, continuing to pack my clothes and essentials into the bags.

"Must've slipped my mind," she says.

She quirks up an eyebrow, looking at what I had just put in my suitcase.

"What," now it was my turn to make a confused face.

"Carter, explain to me why you're packing extremely hot and scandalous panties. Is there someone in jersey?"

My eyes widen as I quickly stuffed my shirts over the now non visible panties.

"Can't a girl just wear nice looking underwear," I sigh, continuing to pack.

"Okay, fine. But the way you blushed and shit, tells me there is someone in Jersey," she points a finger at me, "who is it?"

"Uh,"

"Carter, he's in New Jersey. I won't steal him from you nor will I spread an awful rumor about you and him. Not like he's famous or anything," she scoffs playfully, grabbing her phone to look at the messages in which she had just received.

"His name is Ethan. He was my best friend. And I loved him, until, you know I had to move here," I sigh.

"Are you gonna try getting him back?" She asks.

"No. I mean, I still love him and all, but what if over the years, he stopped. You know? After I left to come here, there was occasional texting and FaceTime, but two months in, he just stopped,"

"Maybe he hasn't though. You thought of that," she asks.

"Josie, I don't really love him anymore, you-"

"Shut up, Carter," she grabs my hand, shoving it into my eye view, where the ring Ethan gave me before I left is still on my finger. "You love him. You should get him back," she nods her head, proud of her enthusiasm.

I don't say anything back, as I turn my head away from her and begin packing my clothes once again.

----