three

"Where are you going today?" Grayson asked, leaning against the doorframe of the bedroom. I carefully smoothed out the wrinkles in my skirt, then applied little makeup to my face.

"Lexi heard I was in town. She wanted to throw a little get together party. Just me and some of her friends," he nodded, shifting his feet back and fourth.

"You okay?" I ask, brushing the tangles in my hair, one last time.

"Yeah, it's just; with you staying here and all, I didn't think she'd talk to you again," he says.

"Why's that?"

"Because after you left, Lexi and I; we weren't on good terms anymore," he explained, with a sigh.

"How?"

He sighed, once again, "Did you know that she actually liked me?" He says, avoiding my question completely. "Like, actually."

I nodded my head, listening well to what Grayson was saying.

"She liked me so much, that she wanted me all to herself. So when I told her I liked someone else, she went crazy," he scoffed at the thought of it. "She was, like, obsessive, and she couldn't even do anything to the girl I liked, because she was no longer in New Jersey," he adds.

"What happened to her?"

"She moved. Crazy coincidence how you and the girl I liked moved somewhere else around the same time, right?" He chuckles.

"Yeah," I say, obviously rushed to get out of the door, not wanting to be late to Lexi's party, "Crazy coincidence," I say, fake enthusiasm lacing my voice, as I passed Grayson through the doorway.

I rush down the stairs, my heels clicking on every step I took, "Be careful," Grayson shouts, from the top of the stairs case.

"I will," I wave him goodbye, opening the door and proceeding to get into the car that they'd let me borrow.

Apparently over the year, Lexi had gotten a new house. Somewhere a bit further from Long Valley, and it was about a 30 minute drive there. The sun was just about setting, so it was pretty obviously that I'd get home late.

I start the engine, backing out of the driveway, and taking off in the direction of the house. Lexi had texted me a couple hours earlier, telling me her address.

I wonder how she's doing, considering high school is over, and she basically needed it to survive. Honestly, she isn't so good at anything, other than stealing a man with her looks, but one day, that just isn't going to be relevant anymore.

After almost getting lost several times, I finally made it outside of Lexi's new place, seeing this wasn't 'a little get together', but looked like more of a high school party.

I sigh, "looks like high school Lexi hasn't gone anywhere," I say, finding parking across the street from her house.

I get out of the car, crossing the street to be met with the unfamiliarity of this place.

I walk up to the front door, knocking twice. The doors opens, Lexi standing right in front of me. A smile is plastered on her face, as she squeals my name, as well as hugs me. I hug back, clearly happy to see her.

"Come in, come in," she says, happily.

"Nice place," I compliment. She thanks me, pushing away several people in order to get to the place she's leading me.

"Make yourself at home," she says, referring to how I should sit down. I sit down on the brown couch, looking at my surroundings. People are drinking and dancing like crazy.