thirteen

"Are you absolutely sure you're gonna be okay alone?" He asks, looking at me through the mirror while he fixed up his hair.

I laughed, throwing my head back while I sat criss crossed on his bed.

"Bro–"

"You..." he starts, walking over to me and bending down to where our faces were only centimeters apart, "don't get to call me bro anymore." He chuckles, pressing a short kiss to my lips allowing me to blush

I shake my head, giggling the slightest. "What club are you guys going to anyway?"

"Uh, I'm not even sure. Kendall picked it." He replies.

I nod, standing off the bed and dragging my feet along the white carpet towards my beautiful looking boyfriend. I wrap my arms around his torso stuffing my face into the material on his shirt. He smelled nice, like when you first walk into a clothing store when they've restocked. I don't know how to explain it.

I feel the vibration on his back when he laughs, grabbing my hands and turning around. His smile is only tiny but I could tell he was happy.

He takes my hair, tucking it behind my ear before planting a kiss to my forehead, traveling down as he kissed my cheek making me smile before he kisses my lips once again. I could never get enough of his lips, but I guess it was the exact same for him.

His hand grips my ass making me yelp in surprise. I laugh into our kiss, lightly hitting his cheek and pulling him closer by the jaw.

His phone starts to ring as he pulled away.

"Guess that's your ride," I chuckle.

He looks up from his phone, "yeah, it is." He puts the phone back into the pocket of his jeans.

"I'll see you later," he's quick to peck me on the lips but his arms go around me before whispering, "I love you," in my ear before already heading out the door. I smile, leaning against the door frame while having the perfect view of him leaving the house through the front door waving to me.

I guess tonight's a relaxing night for myself.

I should probably explain where Ethan went. It's Kendall's last night before he leave across the country to college. He wanted a guys night at a club. He offered for me to go, but sometimes clubs just aren't my thing. So I kindly passed.

Besides, everyone was out of the house tonight. And I was alone. I'm not sure for how long, but at least I'll have a little time.

---

Three movies later and A LOT of food, I was completely bored and out of it. It was almost one in the morning, and being the type of girlfriend I am, I was getting worried. I know I shouldn't be, and the boys should be clubbing till morning but I can't help that I care for Ethan. For all of them of that matter.

A light flashes through the window when a car pulls up. I shut off the TV before peeking out the window to see that it was Lisa and Sean's car.

The front door opens and Lisa comes in first laughing at something Sean had said. She spots me standing by the window and I give a small smile.

"Carter, hey. What're doing up so late," she says.

"Oh it's not that late," I laugh.

"Well it is for us, so I think we're gonna head on to sleep. Are you going to wait for him?" I had taken notice that Sean already went upstairs to their bedroom.

"Uh, I'm not sure yet. They might not get home until late."

"Okay. Well you sleep tight."

I nod. When she's about to turn around and head for the stairs, I feel an uneasy feeling in the out of my stomach and it does not feel good. In fact, it feels like it's about to come up and out of me.

I run to the bathroom, covering my mouth and knocking a few things on the way.

I faintly hear Lisa calling out my name in a worried tone.

I threw the toilet seat up and before you knew it, I was throwing up while Lisa comforted me and pulling my hair back. I swear I felt myself cry thinking of the worst possible scenario going on in my head.

"Was it something you ate?" She asks just as I finished, worry spread across her face.

"I don't know." I'll have to find out soon. "I'm sure I'll be okay though." I had to assure her she didn't have to worry about me. She was tired. I was tired. If I was pregnant, I wouldn't know how to react and telling Lisa would be the first person on my list to tell.

"Okay," she hesitates, "get some sleep." I nod, splashing my face with water before turning the lights of the bathroom off and following Lisa up the stairs. She says goodnight before closing her bedroom door.

It's been a while since Ethan and I have been official, and from them we've slept in the same bed. But now, I just want to be alone. I wanna think of what would happen if what I think might be happening is happening.

But what if it was something I ate. I did eat a lot tonight. I could never be too sure.

I lay in my covers not being able to sleep for hours and hours. I hate the fact that I over think.

I sigh, taking my phone in my hand.

3:02 AM

I groan, shutting it off and turning around to face the shut door.

I can't take this torture anymore.

I rip the covers off of me, throwing on a sweater and some shoes before quickly heading out the front door. I needed some answers and I needed them now. Not tomorrow, not next week. Now.

-----

"24/7.." I whisper to myself as I pulled up to a Walgreens before parking my car. I deeply sigh, getting out and walking towards the entrance.

I have to admit, I'm scared. I'm scared of what the results will be. I've always wanted a child so why am I so frightened of one now?

I find some in a section of the store and take them in my hand.

I lightly threw the box on the area where the cashier checks before digging through my wallet to find money.

She tells me the price, tossing the box and the receipt into a plastic bag. Giving her the amount, I walk my way out of the store and back into my car.

My nerves are through the roof. I don't know what to expect.

The drive home seemed longer because of how nervous I had become.

And I know I might be crazy for jumping to conclusions so early after one nauseous session. But I can't help it. I never seem to be able to.

Quickly, I park my car on the driveway, getting out and jogging into the house. I run up the stairs, not before taking off my shoes.

Going straight for the bathroom, sitting on the toilet, I couldn't believe I was doing this.

Two minutes passed and my results were in. My breathing was unsteady when I picked up the stick, but when I saw the result, my breathing had stopped for a spilt second.

Positive.

______________

unedited cause lazy asf. as usual

END OF CHAPTER THIRTEEN

told you guys I was feeling better ;)

I like updating while watching movies, idk why but it keeps me distracted.

How do you guys like the double update and the fact that CARTER IS PREGGERS HOLY SHIIIII

love you guys, until next chapter PEACE