five

Unedited cause lazy asf.

No matter how many things you do right, people will be quick to see the things you do wrong in life. And they'll hold onto those memories longer than the good ones. When they think of you, they'll think of the bad memories. Never the good ones.

It happens with almost everyone.

But thinking of the bad ones only lead you to think negatively. And that's what I've been doing. Thinking negatively. But honestly, that's all I could do. Nothing's going how I thought I'd be. Nothing is going good for me.

I only hope that today will be better. The reason I came to New Jersey was because Alda met someone. Someone who treats her right, and loves her unconditionally. She's only 40, so I don't see why she can't love again.

She's getting re-married, and I had promised her I would attend her wedding. Which was today. That was the reason I came back. But I can't deny that a little part of me came back for the boy I loved so very much also.

I had heard that though Henry and Alda don't work with one another anymore, they still keep in touch and talk here and there.

It was hour until the wedding, but I had told Alda I'd be there early to help set up and stuff. She's having her wedding at a rental mansion for weddings and get togethers and stuff like that. I heard there was a ballroom, a bar, and a garden in the back.

Lisa and her family were invited to the wedding since Alda has known them since forever.

There was just one thing upsetting me about this whole day.

Ethan was bringing Kenzie.

I mean, I know that she's his girlfriend and all that, but I had hoped that after that night, he wouldn't have her around me anymore as a sign of showing her off.

I stand in front of the mirror, examining my pastel pink, skinny dress that fell all the way down to my feet, showing very little of the silver shoes I had picked out to wear.

Lisa had done my hair so that it was up and out of my face but still looking very good and presentable.

I had glitter on my eyes, which was something I knew I really loved from now on. It made my eyes sparkle.

I sigh, grabbing my shoulder bag, and quickly walking down the stairs.

My heels make loud noises on the hardwood stairs, causing three familiar eyes to land on me. "Why aren't you three getting ready yet? The wedding starts in an hour," I tell them as they all just stand there.

"You look very..."

"Beautiful," Ethan says, cutting Grayson off from his sentence.

I let out a small sigh, "thank you."

My heart aches at the fact that Ethan called me beautiful, but it's also confused.

"Now get ready," I say slowly, opening the door of the house before exiting and getting into my car.

The rental mansion wasn't that far from here at all. I'm fact, it was probably only a mile away. It didn't take long for me to finally show up, seeing no cars in the parking areas, as well as men in black tuxedos helping carry chairs outside and stuff like that.

I park the car, getting out and walking towards the front doors of the mansion.

I spot Alda talking to someone who seems to be a decorator of the party. She seems stressed. I mean, I see why. It's her big day. Well, her second big day.

"Alda!" I shout, catching her attention. She looks over at me, grinning from ear to ear.

"Valentina!" She runs up to me, clasping me into a hug. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, Alda!" I laugh, pulling out of her hug. "Why aren't you dressed?" I ask her, looking at her appearance.

"Darling, the wedding isn't until later, I've got time to be comfortable," she laughs, "you look absolutely gorgeous!"

"Thank you so much," I giggle, "what do you need help with? I'm willing to, seeing as I only came an hour early to help,"

"You can help later, I want you to meet the person I'm marrying," she says, grabbing my hand and taking me toward the doors of the mansion.

The ceilings were high with a chandelier hanging above the whole room.

"How did you afford this?" I ask rhetorically.

She brings me to the ballroom where I see a man dressed as the groom, speaking to someone holding a clipboard in his hands.

"George!" Alda shouts, catching his attention. He looks over at her, smiling as he did so. And I could tell right then and there that they were in fact very in love.

He dismisses the man with the clipboard, walking towards Alda and myself.

"This is Carter. She's the young girl I was telling you about," Alda explains, as George gives a warm and welcoming smile.

"Hello Carter, I've heard a lot about you," he says, sticking his hand out to shake mine.

I shake his hand, returning that smile. "Nice to meet you."

Gorge dismisses himself once his name was called by someone.

"So? Do you like him?" Alda asks.

"Very," I chuckle.

"When's Lisa and her family coming?" Alda asks, looking at the time on the clock hanging on the wall.

"Hmm, probably when the event starts."

"Come with me, I need help changing into my dress," Alda says, pulling me up the stairs.

----

"Lisa! You made it!" Alda says enthusiastically, hugging her. "And you brought your family!" She adds, clasping her hands together, smiling widely.

You could tell she was truly happy.

"And who's this?" She asks, referring to Kenzie who was beside Ethan.

"Hi, I'm Kenzie. Ethan's girlfriend," she says, introducing herself. Alda shakes her hand, continuing to keep that smile on her face.

"Girlfriend, huh," Alda says, slightly turning her head to look at me.

I stifle a laugh, shaking my head as I held it low, trying to hide my obvious smile.

They Dolan family made their way into the house, leaving me and Alda standing outside.

"Why didn't you tell me he had a girlfriend?" Alda says.

"It wasn't important. This is your day. Plus I wanted to see your reaction, and it was darn funny," I laugh.

"Yes, cause the news was so sudden!" She says. "Let's get inside," she adds, leading us to the door of the mansion.

___________

END OF CHAPTER 5

BEG FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER CAUSE IM MEAN

Sorry for not updating, I didn't have a clue what to write so I was just taking a little break. Plus I just started watching Teen Wolf, so I'm pretty hooked onto that besides writing. I'm only in season 4 so don't spoil.

Check out my other book before I delete that like I do with all my books lmao. It's called famous, and I have a feeling it's gonna disappear soon because I hate it.

Peace ✌🏻