ten

"All packed and ready to go?" Ethan asks, wrapping a backpack on his shoulders.

I sigh, doing the same, "Yes. But is it really necessary to go this early in the morning?"

"Sure it is," I follow him out the door and towards his car where Grayson's already napping in the back seat of their car, "we wanna spend as much time as we can there. You're the one who said you missed the boys."

"Aw, you're treating me like a princess aren't you?" I laugh, throwing my bag into the trunk after he had just done so.

"Uh yeah, but it's because you are a princess," he says shutting the drivers door, "My princess." Starting the engine, he accidentally backs out of the driveway harshly making Grayson jerk forward and hit his head on the back of Ethan's seat.

I couldn't contain my laugh as I bursted out with it, holding my stomach as I exaggerated it.

Grayson grumbles, rubbing his head and cursing at Ethan while he drove down the road, "Sorry buddy. Didn't mean to do that," he chuckles.

The ride to Aaron's place didn't take too long as he was already opening the trunk and stuffing his bag into it also. He joins the back seat with Grayson and buckling his seatbelt before giving a thumbs up signaling he was good to go.

While on our way to pick up Kendall, we jammed to some music that Aaron picked seeing as we gave him the aux cord.

Ethan honked his horn once we were outside Kendall's house which looked the same from senior year. This place gave me bad memories that I never ever want to relive at all.

"So heard you missed us, ain't that right Carter?" Kendall jokes, sitting next to Aaron and behind the passenger.

"No way, I hate you guys. You're ugly," I stuck my tongue out at them, laughing right after.

They laugh as well before Ethan starts up north to where the cabin is.

While attempting to sleep after hours of driving, I couldn't really do it considering the GPS kept telling directions and it was getting really annoying. I'm sure it kept some others awake also. I'm not really complaining though, because with all the robotic talking, I've kind of haven't been able to sleep causing me to be wide awake now.

I felt really bad that Ethan had to drive all this way by himself without a time to rest at all.

"Ethan, let me drive the rest of the way."

He shakes his head, "I've got it Carter. It's only another hour."

"Please. I'm wide awake now due to that annoying GPS. You can rest," he sighs knowing I wouldn't take no for an answer. I cared about him too much.

He pulls over the car before getting out. I step out also, the cold air blowing my hair back and sending chills down my spine.

I walk around the car and into the drivers seat, buckling my seatbelt. Ethan picks up one of the blankets I brought from underneath the seat where his feet are and covered himself up with it. I turned up the heat seeing as it was pretty cold up here before starting onto the small roads again to our destination.

----

By now all the boys had fallen asleep on this four hour drive to this cabin. The place looked really isolated but not to the point where it became a ghost town. I drove onto a dirt road for a while before seeing a somewhat large cabin that Ethan probably rented for the weekend.

I parked his car at the side before stepping out of the car. The scenery itself was amazing. How the sun was blinding but at the same time shaded by the amount of trees covering it.

I had wished that by the time we got here it would be sundown but looking at the time that we came here; which was early, like at 8am, we arrived at noon where the sun was still very out and very bright.

Me knowing the four boys in the car is that they were pretty heavy sleepers. I opened the passenger door where Ethan was sleeping before digging through his pockets for the keys to the cabin. Finding them, I go over to it and unlocking the door.

The interior surely wasn't as pretty as the exterior was but it was a little decent.

It looked very... old. But I could live with it.

I went back to the car, opening the trunk and grabbing my bag. I decided now would probably be a good time to wake them up so they could carry their own bags.

I mean, I would've carried all their bags in but why would I do that if they're all right there already to do it?

I went to the drivers and beeped the horn twice making them jump and surely become awake now.

"We're here!" I say with as much as enthusiasm as I could muster. They all tiredly filed out of the car before grabbing their things and walking them into the cabin.

I closed the trunk behind them and locked the car. Once entering the house though, they all seemed to pass out whether it was on the couch or on one of the beds they found in the bedrooms.

"Aw come on! It's noon! You guys literally slept for three hours max!" I throw my hands up in exaggeration. This was supposed to be a sort of bonding weekend. And they're sleeping their asses off. "What even is there to do here?" I whisper to myself with my hands on my hips.

I look around the house for anything like board games or something only to find nothing but a couple books and coasters. The books on the shelve that's by the TV catches my attention. They're definitely not new and that's what makes it look so... eye catching.

But I definitely didn't like reading. Not anymore anyway. I used to love it when I was younger because my parents would read and buy me books. My imagination was everywhere as a kid and it's a fun thing to have.

"Baby," I hear a raspy voice beside me on the couch. I look down at Ethan as he held out his arms, "lay with me." He has that stupid grin on his face that I'd come to fall in love with.

"We should do something else besides sleep," I say softly, crawling beside him as I laid beside him on the couch. His arms hugged me making me closer to him; his scent strongly lingering.

"Kiss me."

"Well I can't say no to that," I grin, sliding my hand onto his jaw looking at the cute and amazing features of my boyfriend. My boyfriend? Am I supposed to expect him to ask me or since we've already confessed our love for one another, we're automatically together. I don't know how this works.

His eyes flutter shut as I kissed down his jaw making him hum in satisfaction before meeting my lips with his.

Pulling away, I figured I'd ask, "So does this mean we're officially boyfriend and girlfriend?" I raise an eyebrow with a smirk that played upon my lips.

"Maybe," he says, "if you're willing."

I chuckle, "I'm willing."

_________________________

END OF CHAPTER TEN

so so so so so sorry it took forever to update even though I said that chapter ten was coming soon. but I've been working on a new book called text messages and it was my top priority at that moment.

but hopefully chapter eleven comes rather quickly instead of you guys waiting

Until next chapter, PEACE 🌺