sixteen

"You can literally do this. Ethan's a smart and understanding guy... sometimes, but I'm sure Ethan won't freak out. He's Ethan for crying out loud. He'll love you either way!"

Ugh I can't believe I'm talking to myself.

So far, trying to convince myself isn't really working the way I thought it would.

I had an angel and a devil on both sides of me, telling me what was wrong and what was right. And so far, the devil was winning.

Ethan was out right now, I'm not sure where to. He said he went to hang out with some friends.

Though I didn't want him to, I let him so that I could get onto his good side before I give him the news that could potentially be bad or good.

What if he thinks it's bad because he's going off to college soon? And what if he gets mad when he finds out that Grayson and Josie knew before him? Oh god, I'm really not looking forward to the heartbreak.

"That's it, I'm gonna call him." I couldn't handle the stress anymore. I just needed to get it over with.

Punching his number in, I waiting for him to pick up while I nervously sat on the other side of the line while it rang.

"Hello?"

"Ethan? I need you to come home, now."

"Now? Are you okay?" He asks. I could hear murmuring in the background, it sounded of concern. From a girl.

"Yes I'm fine. I just need to talk. Like, now." My voice was shaking. Who was that?

"Uh, okay. I'm coming now."

He hangs up and suddenly I sort of regret calling him.

Ugh, screw my brain for always coming up with the worse scenarios!

"Carter, you can't just assume everything!" And here I am talking to myself once again.

I am literally going crazy.

I fall back onto the bed and stare at the ceiling, letting out a sigh.

Hopefully he doesn't stop loving me.

Oh, and here comes the water works. I don't know why I was crying. These hormones are everywhere, I swear.

I didn't realize how long I had been in this position when I heard the front door open and shut. I heard talking, it was Ethan and that girl.

I sat up, walking out of the room to stand at the top of the staircase

There she was, wearing a leather jacket and some boots. Her hair was long and black and reached down to her back. She had her hands in the pockets of her jacket, acting all chill.

Ethan sees me, sighing of content, and waking up the stairs to greet me.

"Hey, you wanted to talk?"

Well, I wanted to talk with just us two. Nice of you to bring a third member, Ethan.

I nod, unable to bring the words from out my mouth.

Ethan tells her to stay down there while he went up into his room.

Once he closes the door, I started speaking. Words just started flowing out. I was rambling.

"Okay, listen. I called you to talk about some really important thing. Just us. And you went and brought over a girl? A girl. To your house where your girlfriend is staying? Look, I don't mean to be that kind of girlfriend but I am literally going insane. And-and I was gonna talk about the reason I might be going insane right now, but this girl has me completely changing the topic."