twenty

Aspen Dolan
was born to
Carter Morris and Ethan Dolan
on April 2nd at 8:33 PM
weight 5.5 Ibs length 18 in
at Rylands Children's Hospital
in Long Valley, New Jersey

The day my world arrive it felt like magic. When I held her in my arms while we both cried, it felt surreal. It was super late, and Ethan had already fell asleep beside me on the chair.

We were stuck eating vending machine junk food and hospital food until we were on the Okay to leave.

Ethan would have to go right back to college the next morning, and that image in my head makes me more upset the more I think about it.

It's been fine without him though. He visits so much, more than he needs to.

Aspen would lie in my arms, sleeping and that's only when I realized how much she looks like her father. Her face was beautifully structured and her cute little nose was exactly the same.

I treasured life so much right now. These two were all I needed in life. It didn't matter that I was so young, I knew I'd be safe when my life lies in front of me fast asleep.

My heart thumped at how in love I was with both Ethan and Aspen. I'm sure she could hear it cause of her movements.

The thought of watching her grow made me so excited to become a mother to my gorgeous daughter.

It was almost ten o'clock and I was getting pretty sleepy, but I knew I needed to head home soon. Aspen had already gone through the newborn medical tests and I couldn't wait to take her home.

After I had woken Ethan, we were out of there faster than I thought. He wanted to get home fast so he could sleep close to me for he was dreading the thought of tomorrow.

I eyes were droopy from being so tired. I had already spoiled Aspen so much that her crib had already been set up and she was provided with so much newborn things.

Ethan takes her from me when he notices how tired I am, and tells me he's going to take a quick shower after he puts her down.

I flop onto the bed, exhausted letting out a huge sigh. As I stared up at the ceiling, a smile rose to my face knowing that I'd convinced myself to become content for the rest of my life with the people I am blessed to have.

I hear the shower turn on, and I'm brought back from daydreaming. I quickly change my clothes before checking at how Aspen was doing.

She was truly a blessing. I'm glad I finally have my very own body.

Ethans shower seemed to have gone by so fast when I turn around to see him changing his clothes. As he dries off, he catches me staring causing a chuckle to come out.

"What's funny?" I ask, leaning against the wall with my arms crossed.

He shakes his head, "nothing," he sighs, sitting on the bed, "you're just amazing."

I smile, crawling onto the bed next to him and wrapping my arms around his neck. "How's college?" I ask.

"So stressful. This has definitely been the best part of my week."

I peck his lips, causing a smile to appear on his face. "Me too." I replied.

As I caressed his cheek and looked deeply into his eyes, I felt like the world was moving in slow motion. He kisses me for a long time and then a longer time after. It truly was the best time when we were together.

Just as he went to grab my waist, Aspen begins crying as if she hated the fact that we were having our own little reunion.

Ethan chuckles, pulling away, "I got this," he says, getting up off of the bed and walking over to Aspen.

I could tell Ethan adored her just as much as I did. He picked her up so delicately and held her in his arms. She was so tiny compared to him as he shushed her back to bed.

I stare at them in awe, because I finally feel content at the moment with how my life is finally going.

He looks up from her and gives me a smirk, noting that he knew how to care for a baby and get her to calm down, which she had.

He was proud, and so was I. This is my dream becoming a reality.

———————
END OF CHAPTER TWENTY