eight

"Okay, hold up. You're saying you might not even come back?"

"I don't know, Josie," I shrug my shoulders only to remember she couldn't see me, "I mean, I know that I'm going to have to eventually because of my dad... and you of course. But also because I'm pretty sure staying here is a lot of work for Lisa."

"Then why do you wanna stay?"

"Because..." I say, flopping down onto the bed, "I found myself in a situation where I'm completely and utterly in love." I exaggerate, holding my hand to my chest.

"Ohhh! Wait with who?"

"Do you ever pay attention to our conversations?" I laugh, mentally face palming.

Josie is a great friend and without her, I'd probably be some nobody in Australia. With her, I'm sort of a somebody. She's good on making people feel wanted and thats why I'm grateful for her.

"Sometimes. For instance I still remember our bet. Was Kenzie all on your back for being friends with... Dang it, what's his name?"

"Ethan?"

"Yes! That guy! So, was she? Yes or no, give details."

"Well, no. She wasn't. In fact, she just broke up with him; no reason. I mean, it was probably about me but she never gave me shit about it which means you owe me 20 bucks! Ha!"

"Ugh! Damn you Kenzie for being empathetic!" We both laugh.

"So? How is everything is Australia?" I ask, curious to how she's doing. "Also, how's my dad?" I haven't called since I landed in the airport which was probably only a month ago. Great, now I feel extremely bad.

"Everything's good. Still don't have lots of friends here besides you," she laughs, "but overall great. You're dad however, I haven't seen or heard from him since you've left. But I'm pretty sure he's doing good. You should call him."

"Yeah, I should. Thanks, I'll talk to you later," I say a quick bye before I press the end button, ending the call.

I couldn't imagine how lonely my dad probably is right now. Missing me and expecting a call from me, probably thinking that I left to New Jersey just to get away from him or something. I would never. Despite the fact that my dad wasn't quite a dad for a while, he sort of made up for it like he promised to in Australia. Which is why he's probably lonely. With the promise he made, he didn't make much friends and so on his free times he'd only spend it with me and sometimes Josie also.

"Who's Josie?" A familiar voice questions, making me jump out of my skin. You do not sneak up on a girl while they're in deep thought.

"Bitch, you scared me!" I laugh, "how much did you hear?" I ask, standing up off the bed.

"Just about everything," he chuckles, shifting his feet slowly towards me; a stupid smirk on his face.

"So you heard that–"

"That you're completely and utterly in love with me," He laughs, pulling me close by the waist, surprising me, "then yeah. I did."

"Well.. good," I grin, gripping his shirt, quickly pulling his face closer to the point where his minty breath fanned over my face. "Cause it's the truth."

"Are you sure?"

"I haven't been more sure in my life." I press a short kiss to his lips, only he wasn't having that when he dips his head for a longer one. I smile into it, snaking my arms around his neck. His kiss was passionate and full of love and lust but at the same time, felt like it was craved for.