Chapter 28 》"To pick you up each time you fall"

"Ashton what the hell are you doing?" I whine as Ashton giggles from his seat across from Calum and I at the lunch table. He admires the photo he just took of Calum and I on his phone. A photo of Calum and I that he took without our knowledge.

"It's young love, it's beautiful. I'm capturing the moment!" He declares, turning his phone to show us his masterpiece. I will admit that it's a good candid. My head is tilted back as I'm laughing, a hand on Calum's shoulder as he kisses my jaw with a big squinty grin.

"You're kind of weird sometimes, mate." Calum playfully rolls his eyes at his friend.

"You just don't appreciate me." Ashton sasses, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"We love you Ash, and we appreciate your photography skills." I confirm, giving our newfound constant third wheel a smile. Ever since Calum and I became official, Ashton has been acting like an overly excited mother-in-law. We can't hardly get rid of him, which is quite frustrating to Calum especially.

Everyone disperses into random conversation once again as we devour our lunch. Calum eats his food with his left hand, and his right hand never leaves my leg for the entirety of the lunch period.

"Oh! We should go on a double date!" Ana exclaims. I nod my head in agreement.

"That sounds like fun."

"We'll have to go later though, our show is this weekend, remember?" Michael points out and Ana nods.

"Well don't worry, Norah never does anything so she won't have any plans no matter when we go." Calum makes a jab at me. Even after we started dating, he still makes jokes about me. I'm secretly glad that that aspect of our friendship didn't change.

"Hush." I elbow him with a smile.

We start throwing out ideas for things we can do on our double date. Mostly Michael, Ana and Calum. I'm not very helpful when it comes to making plans, so I just let them have at it.

"Um..." Luke chimes in, with a confused face. Ashton, across from us also has a finger raised in the air as if he was about to say something.

"What?" Ana whines.

"What about us?" Ashton asks, motioning between him and Luke.

"You guys are single and boring. This isn't about you." Ana argues.

"I don't understand why that means we can't be invited." Luke complains.

"Because it defeats the purpose of a double date." Ana sasses, refusing to put up with Luke's personality today.

"Well it can be a triple date. Luke can be my girl for the night." Ashton giggles.

"Oh God." I sigh, leaning into Calum who is shaking with quiet laughter.

"Why do I have to be the girl?" Luke whines.

"Because Luke, you're more feminine." Ashton explains.

"Okay, okay. You guys can come, but please not as a couple." Ana shivers in disgust and slight annoyance at the two boys who bump fists.

"My best friends are idiots." Calum sighs and Michael quickly nods in agreement as the lunch bell rings.

》》》》》

"Calum, stop!" I screech, running through the gym doors as he chases me. He discovered that I'm quite ticklish in anatomy class, and now he refuses to leave me alone about it. I slide into the bleachers, hiding behind Michael and Ashton, who don't do much to protect me.

"Okay, okay. I'm done now, I promise." He holds out his pinky finger for me to take, the ultimate promise - the pinky promise. I glance at him sideways.