Chapter 11 》"Someone to open each and every door"

I turn over in my bed, trying to rid my stomach of the dull aching feeling from whatever happened last night. 

Ugh. 

Last night. 

I open my eyes, but quickly shut them again. The bright light in here is making my head throb. I know that I'm going to puke at any moment, so I decide to go ahead and get out of bed. As soon as I sit up, I feel it coming. I sprint out of my bedroom and head straight for the bathroom that sits right between mine and Michael's bedrooms. As soon as my foot touches the bathroom tile, I let loose of everything that I consumed last night. 

Based off of the rawness that was already in my throat, I'd say that this isn't the first time I've puked since drinking. When I've finally rid my stomach of it's contents, I brush my teeth and head back to my bedroom. I slip back into my comfortable bed, and curl up in a ball, deciding that it's best that I stay here for the rest of the day. 

Last night hasn't really come back to me yet, but I'm not worried about it right now. I'm mostly worried about the pounding in my head and my parents finding out about how much I drank last night. I kind of milked it when I told them about the party, as did Michael. They just thought we were having a get together at Ashton's, which was perfectly fine with them because they think those boys are so pure. Little do they know that Ashton is most popular for his parties, and there is always a shit ton of alcohol involved. 

I wonder how I got home last night, I don't really remember, but I think I may have blacked out at the party. I need to get rid of this headache before I am able to concentrate on anything. It's going to take me a while before I can get out of bed for some medicine and water, though. 

As if on cue, my bedroom door opens. I think I might die if I move, so I don't roll over to see who it is. My head hurts too much to even speak or open my eyes, so I stay frozen.

My bed dips down with weight, like someone had sat down next to me. In attempt to speak, I just manage to get out a gurgling sound.

"How is your first hangover?" The voice asks.

I groan as a response and the person chuckles. It sounds like they set a glass on my bedside table. An arm is placed over me on the other side of the mattress. Judging by the tattoos that I've become familiar with, this person is Calum.

Great. Because I really wanted to deal with this asshole right now.

He grabs my shoulder and rolls me so that I'm facing him. I force my eyes to stay open so that I can glare at him for bothering me.

"Good morning, sunshine." He grins.

"Fuck off." My voice is extremely scratchy from sleep and my raw throat.

"Well that's no way to treat someone who just brought you medicine and orange juice." He is definitely having fun with this.

"Hand it over." I extend my palm, but he shakes his head.

"Nope. Not until you can be a nice girl."

"Calum, I'm not a two year old. Give me the damn medicine before my head explodes." He chuckles but places the pills in my hand, and pulls me upright so that I can drink the juice without making a huge mess.

I swallow the medicine, and chug the juice.

"Thirsty?" He says, rolling his eyes.

"Something like that." I say, licking the remaining juice from my lips.

"I gotta go back down there, before your mom notices that I'm gone." He explains, picking up the cup.

"Wait, my mom? Does she know that I got drunk? Why are you here anyway? How did I get home? Where's Michael and Ana?" A slew of questions fly out of my mouth as I become more alert from my hangover.