Chapter 19 》"You say your lookin for someone"

Saturday - The Winter Formal

"You're boobs look amazing." Ana compliments as she adds her final touches to my appearance. At least I think it's a compliment.

"Thanks?" I say and she laughs at the expression on my face.

"That's a good thing, Norah. I was beginning to wonder if you even had any." She laughs at my lack of curves and I stick my tongue out at her.

"I'm gonna finish up my makeup, but I think you're good to go." She smiles at her work before turning to the mirror to focus on herself. I think she put more attention and care into me for this dance than she did herself. She must really want to spite Calum. I decide to go downstairs and hang out with Michael until Ana is ready. Apparently Ashton had arrived while Ana was busy transforming me into a barbie doll. My mom and dad are trying to be cool and hang out with the boys. Ashton maintains pleasant conversation to be respectful, but the look on Michael's face tells me how much he wants to die. I giggle at my twin and he gives me a knowing look, because I know exactly what he's going through.

My mom squeals when I enter the room and my dad doesn't say a word. He probably wants to tell me to go change, but he know's my mom will smack him in the back of the head if he says so.

"Nor! Give me a hug gremlin!" Ashton giggles, wrapping me in a big bear hug and spinning us around. I laugh out loud at his personality. Ashton Irwin is the only person who can call a girl a gremlin and it come out friendly and funny. He sits me back on the floor and holds me at an arms length.

"You look amazing, kid." He gives a genuine compliment this time. It's times like these that I wish I could adopt Ashton as my big brother and get rid of Michael.

"Thanks Ash, you clean up pretty nice." I tug at his dress shirt that he traded his usual cutoff tee for. He shrugs and smiles. Eventually, Ana makes her way down the stairs looking as beautiful as ever, and we leave for the dance.

Michael and I are getting along great today, which is always a good thing. Just from hanging out in the living room and riding to the dance in Ashton's car with Michael and Ana, I'm already having such a great time. In fact, I'm so happy today that I don't even think Calum could ruin my mood, or could he?

We arrive to the dance, take tons of pictures, and then Michael and Ana break away to go hit the dance floor. Ashton grabs my hand and pulls me towards the table with all the refreshments.

"What are we doing?" I figured he would be the first one on the dance floor, but apparently he has other plans.

"Aren't you thirsty, Norah?" Ashton wiggles his eyebrows menacingly and I can only wonder what he's up to.

He fills up two cups from the punch bowl and then checks his surroundings before pulling a flask out from his sleeve.

"Ashton!" I gasp. I can't believe this idiot brought alcohol to our school dance.

"Sh!" He giggles, holding a finger to his lips. "Make sure no teachers are watching." He says, as he pours a bit from the flask into to each cup of punch.

"M'lady." He offers me the cup.

"So chivalrous." I roll my eyes with a big smile. Leave it to Ash.

"Drink up, love. It's time to have fun." He encourages, taking a swig from his own cup.

"Ash... the last time I drank I made a bad decision." I don't want to tell him what I did, but I don't want to let it happen again. Especially not now.

"You kissed Calum, right?"

"How the fuck do you know about that?" I seethe.

"It was my party, Norah. I know about everything that happens at my parties." He shrugs, and I give him a blank stare, not buying it.