Chapter 5 》"You say you're lookin' for someone"

Calum and I have been working as partners for about almost two weeks now, and it has remained about the same as the first day. We still hate each other immensely, and we are always at each other's throats. I'm still very non-athletic, and Calum is still getting mad at me for not being able to keep up with him. I'm now able to do about fifteen push-ups, thanks to Calum screaming at me. It takes everything in me to not unleash on him right in the middle of gym class. 

Right now I'm walking to my anatomy class and contemplating if I should leave early before weightlifting. Unfortunately, anatomy is one of the classes that I have with the boys, but I also have Ana in this class, which helps. The boys usually don't bother me in here, which I am very thankful for. For some reason, it looks like today might be a different story. 

When I walk in, Ana is at our usual spot, but she has guests at our table that aren't usually there. Next to her sits Michael, and he is extremely close. That's odd, he doesn't usually acknowledge that she flirts with him. I can deal with Michael, but all of Michael's buddies are accompanying him at my table. Even Calum. 

Of course, the only open chair is right next to my least favorite member of the group. 

"I saved you a seat, babe." Calum smirks. 

I pull the chair a few inches away from him before actually sitting in it. "You really need to work on learning how to say my name. It's Norah, by the way."

He chuckles. "You didn't call me daddy, so I don't have to call you Norah." 

"Calum, I would rather get hit by a bus than call you daddy." He grins at me. 

"What? Girls love calling me daddy, and you would too, I promise." 

"Yeah, I'm sure there are so many girls who love that." I say sarcastically. 

"There are, just ask Josie." A cute blond girl pops her head up and blushes at Calum, who in return winks at her.

"Wow, you really are a pig." I state, turning away from him and flipping open my notes. 

"Only when it's called for, babe." 

I don't get him. This isn't flirting, and I know that because we hate each other. So what is it? Why does he have these moods where either we are screaming at each other and he treats me like a dog, but then he has moods where he calls me babe and it's gross. Is he really just that much of a pig? I'm confused. 

I notice Michael and Ana across the table, both talking to each other animatedly in a hushed voice. Her eyes are lit up like a kid on Christmas, this is what she's always wanted. My brother looks genuinely interested in her too. Good. As long as my brother isn't a pig towards girls, everything is fine. I just hope he doesn't end up like Calum.

"Okay class, today we are starting the dissection! Did everyone get their parental consent form filled out?" A few people nod their heads, passing in the form with their parents signature. Michael hands in ours. 

"Luke, did your mother sign your form?" Our teacher asks, and Luke's cheeks go red.

"Um, my mom didn't want me to participate in the dissection." He admits. The rest of the boys immediately start laughing at him, to which he responds with a glare. 

"Classic Liz." Ashton giggles. 

"Well, I'll have to ask you to go sit in the hall then." Mr. Smith shrugs apologetically. 

"Uh, could I just stay in here anyway? We don't have to tell my mom." He pleads. 

"Okay then, fine." Mr. Smith nods after mulling it over. He then steps to the table in the middle of the room, which contains dissection tools and plastic bags that contain deceased carcasses.