Chapter 25 》"No, no, no, it ain't me, babe"

"I'm gonna fucking kill you." I scream, running at Calum. Before I can do any damage, two sets of hands grab me and yank me back. Luke and Ashton hold tight onto either of my arms as I desperately try to escape them.

"Let me go." I yell.

"Norah, calm down!" Ashton booms. I immediately cease my actions, a lump forming in my throat. Ashton's never yelled at me before. "Look, we don't want to be locked out anymore than you do, love. We'll just see if the front desk can help us, okay? Just... calm down." His tone changes to a more soothing sound. I feel like a child that got in trouble.

I reluctantly nod in agreement. Ashton's right, we should at least try the front desk before putting Calum six feet under. It just sucks because for the past several hours I've been banking on getting my shit from this hotel, going home, and not talking to Calum for at least a day. Now I'm stuck with him for much, much longer.

We all enter the silent hotel lobby, which is vacant other than a woman in her mid twenties at the front desk. She automatically looks stressed upon our entrance. Maybe she's new, or maybe she's just worried about a large mob of drunk teens. Calum starts to march up to the front desk and I groan. He can't do this, it will be a disaster. I quickly join him, grabbing his arm to stop him. 

"I can handle this Norah, it's not in your name." He scowls. Here we go again. 

"Look Calum, I know it's your birthday, and the hotel room is in your name, but I don't think you understand how drunk you are, and I just think it would be best if I handled this." I explain.

"I can do it."

"I just really wish that you could have kept track of your key. Things would have been so much easier."

"It's my fucking birthday, how dare you talk to me like that. You know what, fuck you. You're a bad friend." I glance to Ashton for help, seeing as Calum has begun to patronize me again as I'm already losing my mind. "Norah, it's your birthday. It's all about you." He cheers sarcastically. 

"Listen, I know that you're mad at me right now, and you think it's my birthday, and you can't stand up straight, and your missing a shoe and a key... But if you could just not talk, that'd be really helpful. I'm going to go talk to this lady about getting your key back because you're a little too drunk, so why don't you just sit down in the lobby with everyone and enjoy your birthday."

"No I'm gonna fucking handle this." He barks, holding his hand in my face as he walks to the front desk. I bite my lip to keep everything inside, I wouldn't want to get in trouble by Ashton again. I quickly join Calum at the desk. 

"Hey, I went to the club tonight and I lost my room key. I need back in my room because SOMEONE needs their stuff." He makes his voice into a whiny tone, imitating me I think. 

"Okay, we can get you in the room, but we'll need to verify some information from you first." The lady, whose name tag says 'Amy', explains.

"Okay, what do you need?" I ask.

"May I see some identification please?" Calum nods and pulls his ID out. At least he didn't lose that too. Amy examines the card carefully,  comparing it to whatever information she has on her computer monitor.

"Um... this says that you are twenty one?" She raises a skeptical eyebrow.

"It's my birthday." He shrugs. 

"Well the information that I have says that you are eighteen..." He gave her his fake ID. Of course he did. Why would he give her the real one?

"Oh shit. That one is fake." He giggles, and she looks slightly amused by him but mostly concerned.