Chapter XVI

"Oh my God Adina what happened?! Here let's first go to your room hold on to me!"

.

.

.

This is weird.

My head feel fuzzy. My heart hurts so much. My body is trembling and feeling weak.

What is this? What is all of this?

I know... it's crazy but I... know... this... happened before

I felt like this before

I cried like this before

Now that I think about it... it's weird

Some of my memories... no many of my memories are so vivid and... they're just there, not attached to any emotions as if... as if they're just there to fill the blankness

Now that I think about it, who was the friend I was visiting the night I met Aouss?

And my ex-lovers... how did we break up again? What did they look like? What did they sound like? And... what was their names? Was there even more than one? It's weird I was sure I've dated a couple of guys but now that I think about it... why are all the memories overlapping?

I only remember his touch, his warm voice, his melodious laughter... that addicting scent

Ugh... it hurts thinking about it.

My head hurts

My chest feels tight

Aouss...

.

.

.

.

"-dina! Adina!! Come back to your senses! How are you feeling now? Can you hear me?"

"Cath?" I was faced with Cath's pale face and instantly felt guilty about worrying her so much

"What happened? The young lord personally came to my room and told me to go to the entrance hall and I just found you collapsed there!! I thought he hurt you or something what the hell happened? He even came later gave you his blood and just left!"

I rubbed my throbbing head and got up trying to avoid Cath's questioning eyes. If I were to tell her what I was thinking she'd definitely call me crazy. Heck even I think I'm over analyzing things.

I don't even know what's real and what's a delusion any more...

"What time is it? Shouldn't I be serving Aouss by now?"

Cath gave me a surprised look and pulled me to sit back on the bed

"You're sick! I spent the whole day nursing you, your whole body was burning who cares about that jerk of a lord!"

My eyes widen at Cath's very unexpected words. This girl called the guy who she didn't even dare to insult in her head a jerk?

"Well... I don't know what happened but I know for sure he's the one to blame for your state. Who does he think he is bullying the weak like this!" This girl is the cutest person I've ever met.

"Cath, whether that jerk is the one to blame or not, I still don't know that yet. So, calm down and don't hate him yet" I said while jokingly poking her chest

She relaxed her face a little and I smiled at how adorable a mad Cath can be.

After a relaxing shower and a new clean outfit, my heart was ready to go and face Aouss.

After leaving my room, I half jogged towards Aouss's room. I could spot Khaled standing guard in front of the door so I stopped, took a deep breath and got ready to barge in.

Approaching the door, my heart beat increased and I could tell Khaled was getting ready to convince me to leave but to his surprise, not giving him a chance to talk, I went straight for the door pushing it open.

For a moment, everything froze. Khaled had his hand reaching for empty air behind me while I stood awkwardly in the middle of the room trying to register what is this woman doing just standing in her birth suit in the middle of Aouss's room.

"Who is it?" My head snapped towards Aouss who just walked out the shower with only a towel covering his lower body. I glared at him knowing damn well he already knew who I was.

"Oh... right... since you're here how about you go get me some clothes to change to? I need something for a business dinner later" The whole time the usually observant and sharp Aouss didn't meet my eyes once and I could swear I saw him trip over something too.

The shameless blonde that I recognized as one of the fiancés scoffed at me while bouncing around the room for no reason.

"Stop flaunting them mine are bigger" I barely whispered but I could catch a glimpse of her irritating face twist in anger before I disappeared inside the closet.

Taking a deep breath so that I won't go back out, strangle that annoying looking vampire woman and trash the whole place, I tried to focus on picking something suitable from the rows of clothes in front of me.

I was barely done collecting suitable pieces and matching them with a good pair of shoes when I felt someone standing behind me.

Before I could turn around a hand tried to grab the clothes from my arm. I slapped it away by instinct and turn to glare at the now dressed hussy.

"Do you want to die? Do you realize I can snap your neck any time I want? You're nothing but a human servant!" Her face was red in rage while her hands forced a fist in mid air.

Even I can tell this little vampire is really not all that strong. Compared to all other vampires I met before, her aura was only a bit stronger than humans.

"Do you realize I still have Aouss's blood is my veins? I would love to see you try" I said indifferently" I heard Aouss's father only chose the best to become his son's fiancés... the bar must have been set really low if YOU got chosen"

"You!"

Not wanting to bother with her anymore, I walked out to the room and lay the clothes on the bed.

"Any more orders sir?" I glared at Aouss's naked back. I felt a sting in my heart when he, not for once, turned around to face me nor met my eyes.

So, this is how you're going to play?

Something told me this too was all part of his plan, but a part of me wanted to see how long he can keep ignoring me for, while he himself made me his "Personal Servant" who should stick by his side.

It may just be time for me to join this little game of his, but this time as a player.