Chapter IV

*sob* *sob*

*sniff* *hicc*

*sob*

'Hmm?'

*sniff sniff*

'Who's crying? This voice... it sounds like...'

My eyes slowly opened as I lazily sad down. I touched my wet face "Why was I crying again? I have a feeling I had a very bad dream..."

.

..

...

"Oh My God!"

I stood up right away taking in my environment. Memories started rushing back to my head and I put my hand on my gaped mouth in shock. I was back in my little prison!!

I looked around a bit more not believing my eyes. I died. I know for a fact I did. I felt my spine break and my ribs shatter and my heart squeeze in my chest it almost exploded. I know I can' be alive so... Am I dreaming? Is this how it is to die? Oh! Is it that now my soul is stuck in the place I died in? Does that mean... I'm a ghost now?!

I stared at the very familiar door in front of me and got ready to run right at it.

I closed my eyes and just went for it. I knew in my head I had nothing to lose. I died for god's sake!

My eyes closed, just as I knew I was at where the door should be, I felt a gush of wind and fell right on the floor. My heart leaped in amazement, I went through it!

"Ehem"

'Hm?'

I glanced up and I was met with a very old lady very pale skin with pale blue eyes and a very long and very outdated maid outfit in black and white. Her almost silver hair was neatly tied back and her hands down in front of her in a very mannered way. She looked over eighty but her shoulders and back were straight and her head high with her chin pointing up. She didn't seem arrogant but respected.

My admiration was cut short by her stern but yet stable voice

"Young lady?"

Snapping out of it, I took another glance at her and my heart sank.

A very heavy British accent, the outdated head maid outfit, the paleness of the skin and eyes, could it be...

"A GHOST!!!"

I crawled back terrified my back slamming the wall, I was staring at her with wide eyes.

I hate ghosts!!

"Young lady, please stand up. I may not be human, but I am most certainly not a ghost. Now do stand up, I'm in a bit of a hurry. Follow me."

I stared at her retreating back, did she just crack a joke?

I found myself obediently following behind. My mind surprisingly wasn't in chaos. I felt really calm and almost hypnotized.

We went through the now very familiar hall of cells as bad memories creeped in, but only about ten doors away, she stopped and opened what I first thought to be another cell. Even thought all the doors looked alike, this one door unlike the others led to a staircase. I soon understood why there was barely any guards down here. Even if one did manage to escape their cell, there was no way for them to find the exit, let alone find the key to open it.

The tall staircase made it more apparent how deep down in the ground we were. It took us around fifteen minutes to arrive at the top.

Opening the door, I was welcomed by the clean air outside this pit hole. I inhaled sharply taking in as much as I could. I missed this.

We were soon welcomed by another long corridor. I gasped in amazement at how classy and luxurious this place was. I mean, look at their maid!

The floor had a long red carpet in the middle and the white ceiling carried small Classique golden chandeliers. The grand windows on the left wall had room for most of the sunlight to enter, it was as bright as if we were to be outside.

There were different sized display cases and cabinets displaying different objects I didn't recognize.

I soon lost track of how many hallways we passed and how many doors we entered, this place was huge.

I sighed when we finally stopped and took it the room we were now standing in.

The room was definitely lacking in comparison with the rest of the house, but it was not bad in general.

A small round table near the entrance and a couch, very simple wooden bed and nightstand and white clean sheets. A small attached toilet with the tiniest sink I've ever seen.

"Clean yourself and wear the outfit you'll find in the dresser. I'll meet you in thirty minutes."

And with that she left and closed the door leaving me alone with my thoughts.