Chapter IX

After a long night of sleep, I was woken up by an old servant who brought me a new maid outfit. After changing, I was guided to the kitchen and given multiple tasks varying from cleaning to cooking and gardening, which I had other servants teach me how to do.

The mansions rules were very clear on where I can and can't enter. The vampire lords and misses were only taken care of by other low ranked vampire servants and to not be approached by any humans, a matter I sighed in relief to. I didn't want to be near them either.

The evening, we were not allowed out of the kitchen while the masters were having dinner, making it easy for me to spend my days in peace.

I sat eating in the canteen with Cath and other servants who were chatting about random stuff. I found the scene relaxing reminding me of my job in the city.

"I'm glad we don't have to serve them. I think I can live like this, it's not that bad." I said taking a bite of my chicken wing

"Working here is like walking on shards of glass, you will step on one and you will get hurt. It's just a matter of when" Cath's eyes never left her food.

I've learned during these past few days that even thought Cath always act cold, this girl is pretty friendly and nice. Without me asking her she would bring me extra food and keep me company during breaks. I wasn't feeling lonely thanks to her.

"Well you said it yourself, I won't have to worry about getting killed. I have that guy's protection, don't I?" I winked at her and she sighed shaking her head and turning her attention to her food.

I was waiting for Cath to finish eating and walk to the kitchen together, when a big bearded guy dressed in a suit walked in scanning the place. I gawked at him kicking Cath from under the table to turn around.

"He's really my type!" I whisper screamed at her. She stepped on my foot and glared at me

"Don't. That's the young lord's right arm Khaled. Offending him is equivalent to offending the lord himself!"

"But when did I say I wanted to offend him!" I glared back at her freeing my foot from under hers

We failed to notice the big guy now standing next to us, so we both raised our heads at the same time shocked and not sure what to do.

"Get up." We did as told staring down and not daring to look up

He was hot... but scary.

"You" he says staring at me "Follow me" Why do people in this house love to order me to follow them all the time!

We walked out the kitchen and went into a huge dinning room with people chatting white eating a meal. Gorgeous looking women and men with each a servant standing behind them laughed without care in the world. The atmosphere was one of a big happy family.

As soon as we walked inside the room, everything went silent and I was welcomed by glares. The guy named Khaled guided me behind a certain chair and asked for me to stand there. I was barely stopping my body from visibly shaking keeping my eyes on the ground.

"Aouss! Why is there a human here?" An angry woman's voice shouted and I took a step back only to be stopped by Khaled who again pushed me forward.

"Hmm... Not exactly" The young tan skinned lord turned his green eyes towards me smiling amusingly.

"See... I genuinely thought she won't have a human smell anymore... After all, I gave her a pretty large quantity of my blood. I don't understand..." His eyes were twinkling mischievously

"What the heck were you thinking! Giving a mere servant your blood, have you lost your mind?! I will make sure father knows of this!" A blond tall man with hazel eyes and intimidating aura stood up slamming the table, his face twisting in anger

"Personal" Aouss sighed calmly

"What?"

"Brother, you said a mere servant... she's actually my personal servant, there's a difference."

"When have you ever had a personal servant, let alone a human one!" The man slammed again the table and it broke down in two forcing the other family members to stand up... Only Aouss stayed seated in his chair leisurely

"Are you... perhaps... accusing me of... lying?" The drastic change in Aouss's voice made the whole room freeze in silence.

I stared down at his face and gasped noticing his now very visible red pupils.

"Brother, why are you always ruining this family's happy reunions. Makes me not want you to attend them any more..." The temperature in the room dropped. No one was talking nor moving, and I felt I could piss myself any moment.

"Are you saying you're kicking me out? HAHA! Just cuz father favors you a little you're so full of it!"

I froze... As in the blink of an eye, the man whom name still unknow to me, his head, fell on the ground with a thud.

I couldn't take it anymore falling down and wetting myself. I stared as the headless body soon followed making a larger sound slamming into the ground.

"Now" Aouss picked a napkin off the ground and wiped his bloody hands "Does anyone still thinks I'm lying?" He says, the smile coming back to his face. Looking at his shining green eyes, I doubted the happenings of not even a minute ago were illusions. I found myself checking the body on the floor to confirm for myself this joyous looking man was indeed... the last person one would want to offend.