Chapter VIII

My affectionate gazing at the ceiling was interrupted by two knocks on the door. I have gotten myself ready to whatever may happen after this... or so I thought.

My original plan of 'act composed and smart' failed the second I saw the tan skinned gorgeous young vampire with a brilliant smile that seem to never leave his lips.

I got out of bed instantly and put on my best poker face.

"I see you're still alive. For a second I just hopped your heart would stop beating"

"That's a very mean thing to say" I said laughing, internally choking myself. WHY YOU BEING SO POLITE!

"Hm? Isn't it quite the opposite?" he said approaching me in a very flirty way. Why does everything this vamp do feel... Sexual??

"Well" he started gently touching my long black hair making me feel extremely uncomfortable... and scared.

"I wouldn't mind welcoming you as one of my underlings. Let's say I would be delighted to." His eyes were wondering to my neck with every word he spoke. At this point, even if I wanted to run, I don't think my legs had any strength left in them.

I was too scared to register anything he said. When he noticed I was just staring at him blankly, his smile dropped and he took a step away from me.

"I've never seen someone this disinterested." God only knows I'm actually scared shitless

With that, he just walked out the room with a very bored expression on his face and I finally let out a sigh of relief.

I noticed a pair of cloths left on a table near the door and soon realized that must have been left by the vampire that just visited me. Questions started flooding my brain and I blocked all of them instantly jumping in the shower and enjoying a bit of heaven in this hell like place.

-

Sneakily leaving the room, I tiptoed walking along the hallway and noticing a pair or big staircases not far away from my room. I looked around making sure no one was in sight and walked down.

Now you may be thinking, how are you going to run away from a vampire filled mansion? The answer is, I won't. Or at least not now.

I may now have new information about vampires and vaguely know that troublesome man... vampire is the master of this residence, but what I already know is very little for me to make any dangerous move I may have to pay for with my life.

Arriving at the bottom of the stairs, I was greeted once again by a huge hall and a bunch of doors. Seeing how no one was around, I just straight walked to the first door on my right and peeked inside. The room was very dark but I could make out some of it.

Concentrating on one specific tall item and watching carefully if it moves before concluding it's a person, something touched my back and I jumped nearly fainting on the spot. I was gasping for air staring at the petite blond woman standing in front of me. She wore a maid outfit, same as the one I was forced to wear before, and had a very sharp look in her eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I gasped at the voice recognizing it instantly.

"You! Do you recognize me? We spoke back in that underground prison!" speaking in a hushed tone scared someone may hear us.

"Yeah yeah Congratulations on surviving. So... what are you doing here?" she said staring at the door behind me. She really wasn't dropping the subject.

"Getting myself familiar with the place?" It wasn't entirely a lie

The young woman with deep blue eyes looked me up and down disinterested and proceeded to walk away, gesturing for me to follow her.

We soon arrived at a very grand kitchen and she poured some tea for us as we sat in the kitchen bar.

"What' your name?" she asked sipping on her tea calmly

"Adina. Yours?"

"Call me Cath" I smile at her but she just continues with her interview not acknowledging me.

"Are you perhaps thinking of running away?

"Not now" I answered truthfully

"Not ever. It's impossible. Any family?"

"None" her questions were quick as if she was in a hurry even thought her action of sipping tea was so slow

"Same. First encounter with vampires?"

I silently stared at her very calm expression. She knew?

As thought replying to my question she explained

"My family for generations served vampires. I was going to end up as food as a punishment for making a mistake and breaking one of the young misses' possessions, but apparently the young lord was in a good mood and forgave all servants that day." I could see a pained look pass through Cath's eyes and I genuinely felt bad for her.

"Then what about me? I'm sure that vampire woman killed me that day..." I said more to myself

"That's Miss Rose, the young lord's cousin. They were engaged but he cancelled and banished her to another land refusing to ever meet her. That night's rebellion was a very grave mistake, you must have not been conscious but the lord himself came down and slit her mouth open and ordered for her to be locked and buried. I heard from other servants he gave you his blood after, that's the only reason you're alive now"

"What?! Ew! Am I going to turn into a vampire now? Can't be... Right?"

Cath gave me a look saying I've lost my mind and continued

"The only reason you're alive now is because of that blood. But even thought it can rejuvenate and heal humans, if the human dies with vampires' blood in their system, they turn into the latter's underling and serve them. But the new underling will take away some of his master's powers and strength so no vampire wants to make underlings, that's why you can count on the young lord keeping an eye on you to make sure you won't die."

I nodded my head registering the new information. This was somehow... worse than I thought.

Now if things go really bad... I can't even die in peace?