Chapter V

I stood up in the large hallway filled with other young women wearing the same maid outfit as other servants put us in places all along a huge entrance. We were not allowed to ask questions nor move without orders.

My brain was still not completely cleared yet. I genuinely felt like I was dreaming, and all I could do was go along with things. Also seeing how all the other hundred or so women were not complaining or saying anything, I just did the same trying my best to attract as little attention as I could.

The whole place was like a movie set, all we maids were forced to bow for a long time towards gods know who or what and my neck was starting to hurt.

I n my head, I was going through all the things that happened since I came here and I mentally made a note to ask one some of the other maids later to get information.

After a long time of bowing and unbearable silence that made me want to raise my head and look around, loud foot steps could be heart coming from the entrance up the small steps and towards us.

My heat thumped with every click sound the shoe made and I unconsciously held my breath. As the person was nearing, my stomach started to twist. 'I'm so hungry'

This was the worst time possible for such a thought.

I internally laughed at my self and unconsciously glanced at the man passing right in front of me.

My eyes widen in chock, I straightened my back and just stared at him walking from behind.

"YOU! IT's YOU!"

I pointed at the guy's back as some gasp could be heard in the background.

The tall slightly tan skinned guy turned towards his eyebrows furrowed. In other circumstances, his glare may have been intimidating, but not today!

I closed the large distance between as in two large steps and glared back at him.

"IS THIS HOW YOU PAY BACK SOMEONE WHO TRIED TO SAVE YOUR LIFE? REALLY?! WHAT KIND OF TRASH ARE YOU!" I screamed in his face

This is the guy! It's all his fault! I know for a fact he was the last person I saw on that road that night!

I stared the man's expression turn from angry to curious.

"Oh. And I saved yours back. Didn't I?"

"Huh?"

I stared at him as my very unlucky encounter with that strong ass cannibalism bitch went throught my head.

"What do you mean you saved me? I WAS IN DANGER 'CAUSE YOU BROUGHT ME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

I felt blood rush to my head from anger.

"What do you want me to do now?"

He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow staring back at me

"Huh? Are you stupid? Of course, I want to go back home!" I stated in a matter of fact tone

He seemed to consider for a moment then replied in a more matter or fact tone

"But... I can't. Due to the current circumstances, the only place you can be is in my territory."

Is this guy crazy? Is he trying to make me angry on purpose?

He took another step cutting the distance between us even shorter and whispered to me

"You're my propriety, as long as my blood still runs in your veins"

And walked away leaving me completely baffled.