Chapter X

In just a couple of minutes, the dining room was cleaned, the body along with the broken table and plates were taken out and replace by new ones, and soon after new steaming just cooked dishes were served. All this time, I was still sitting on the floor.

An old maid almost carried me out of there. I was so out of it staring at nowhere. My brain still in shock, I didn't realize when and how I was showered and dressed and now headed towards the dinning room. My heart squeezed and my body shook not wanting to step into that room anymore. I wanted to cry, I was scared, so scared and just wanted to drop on the floor and beg. But I just couldn't... No matter what, my pride just wouldn't let me.

Stepping into the room again, the atmosphere was vicious. The woman who spoke first before was now kneeling in front of lord Aouss as he stared down at her with a very cold expression. I wanted to run away not wanting to see that look in his face ever again. In my brain, that look signaled 'someone is going to die, and that person may be you'.

Khaled saw me frozen with one foot in and the other out of the room, and he came to push me again to what seem have become my spot, right behind Aouss's chair.

We were almost there when a woman pushed me and started rubbing Aouss's shoulder's. Her brown hair swiped to one side, and her red lips parted into a very elegant smile, the paleness of her blue eyes matched her skin and over all she was breathtaking.

"Darling, you shouldn't stress yourself over such a trivial matter. How about we call it a night and just go back to your room" She whispered the last part but her voice was purposely not low enough so everyone vampire or not could hear her.

Aouss didn't seem to mind this beauty's flirtatious words but didn't quite go along with them as he denied her politely

"Jane, our dinner is not over yet. Take a seat." His voice was softer now compared to before.

"So, men still only cares about looks don't they" I scoffed not daring to say these words out loud

The dinner resumed and I noticed I wasn't spared one glance by this young lord. I guessed that bringing me here was just an excuse to kill his brother. Judging by the conversation they exchanged before, he was well familiar with his temper and was expecting his reaction.

My body couldn't help but shudder at the thought of this lord scheming just to kill his own brother. Truly fearsome!

The rest of the dinner, I only focused on serving the young lord without making any mistakes, and didn't dare to even cough aloud.

Aouss and the beauty named Jane left together and Khaled came to let me know I was dismissed for the night. My face was probably looking like a ghost after all what happened, but I couldn't help smiling at this handsome man before taking my leave.

That night, I had Cath over and spent most of the night filling her on the petrifying occurrence at the dinner. That obviously wouldn't have taken the whole night if not for me retelling the story over and over again each time more and more panicked and afraid.

I was grateful when I saw Cath drop a bunch of snacks on the bed, I almost cried hugging her, her cold expression not bothering me anymore. After all, I know now it's just a façade.

"You don't have to feel shocked about the young lord killing that man, he may have called him brother, but actually the young lord is the only real son to the king, the other 'sons and daughters' are just vampires who showed a little more talent and virtuosity so he decided to take them in to use for business"

After hearing Cath's explication, I was more understanding of Aouss's anger at that time, and I frown remembering that man's words. Has he probably hit his head somewhere before attending the dinner?

Cath's calm attitude towards everything I told her affected me greatly, I was not as afraid as before. After all, it seems like Aouss is not a hard person to please, and he definitely doesn't show off his strength to anyone weak and helpless, and that just ringed 'you're safe' in my head.