Chapter 6 (Cookies and Coffee with a Man Out of Time)

Começar do início

"So Steve, would you like some cookies?" I turned into the kitchen without waiting for an answer. I mean who can resist the famous Jackson cookies?

Steve walked in behind me "I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline your offer I have orders to arrest you.."

"For SHEILD, ya I know. I got that after the first couple agents. For a secret organization you guys are sure bad at staying secret. But you can arrest me after enjoying some of my mom's cookies. Hey mom do we have any coffee?"

"You are not drinking any coffee! Last time it took days to clean the house up after you went rampaging about the house hunting for fairies." She called from the next room. I heard Steve snort.

"It's not for me" I whined "it's for my friend Steve." Before she answered there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it. I'll be back in a bit. Don't worry you can arrest me later. Or at least attempt to arrest me."

When I opened the door Annabeth was standing there fiddling with her bone knife. "Hey Annabeth, bet you can't guess whose in my kitchen." She raised an eyebrow.

"Is it fairies again?" she deadpanned. I pouted.

"No. It's one of the Avengers!"

"WHAT!?" she screamed storming to the kitchen with me following closely behind grinning. When I got there I saw Steve about to take a bite of one of the cookies and Annabeth pointing her knife at him. "You and your stupid organization better leave my boyfriend alone or I swear I will destroy each and every one of you!" she put her knife away and proceeded to grab a cookie and sit down to eat it.

"Hey Annabeth, don't you think Nico would like to meet him?" I asked. She rolled her eyes at me. Steve still looked frozen (ha ha get it frozen, no ok fine I'll just have to let it go, snicker snicker). "Don't worry" I told him "you'll be fine unless you actually get me which won't happen so you'll be fine." At this point I was wondering where my mom had gone. And as if my thought had summoned her she appeared in the doorway.

"Hey Percy I need to start getting dinner ready so can you and your friends move to the living room, thanks" she said. I quickly scrambled to get out of the kitchen nabbing a few more cookies before leaving with Annabeth following her own cookie stash held in one hand and her knife in the other to defend against any cookie thief's.

Steve however didn't follow. "I'm afraid you're going to have to come with me" he said grabbing his shield. I rolled my eyes.

"like I told Metal Guy,"

"Iron Man" Annabeth corrected

"Iron Man I don't go out on dates with people I've just met and I definitely think you should use your imagination if the best place for a first date you can think of is a prison cell." I smirked and Annabeth just facepalmed. He threw his shield. I wonder if all SHIELD agents have to carry shields?

I merely sidestepped the shield wincing as it broke one of mom's flower vases and prepared to fight as Captain America ran at me. I kind of wished he was a monster so I could just swing riptide and be done with it. But noooo, the Fates just had to stick mortals on my tail as well. I blocked his first punch attempting to knee him in the stomach but he blocked it. I looked to Annabeth for help but she was just idly picking her nails with her knife. I huffed. It wasn't that this fight was hard it was just that I was trying to avoid destroying the house. Mom would ground my for eternity if I did that. Again as if my thoughts had summoned her she appeared in the doorway. Seriously, am I getting some magic power or something?

"Percy Jackson! I just cleaned the house!"

"Sorry" I called concentrating again on the fight which I had pretty much been fighting subconsciously before. "Uggh, Annabeth" I whined "Can you just shoot him already?" She glanced up at me before fiddling with her knife again. I frowned knocking Steve back and making him trip over the couch.

"Percy Jackson I demand that you come with me. You are a criminal that must be stopped."

"And you have that right because..?' I questioned standing in a defensive position between Steve and my mom who was still fuming about the wrecked living room in the kitchen doorway.

"I'm and Avenger. I protect people. Unlike you." He said puffing out his chest.

"Oh please," Annabeth said standing from being slouched against the wall. "You and those self-righteous Avengers stuck up in you high and mighty tower. You don't know a thing about us so you just assume we're the bad guys. Well guess what?" Said pulling out a tranquilizer gun from her bag "You're wrong." And with that she fired a dart which Steve was too surprised to dodge. He collapsed to the floor.

"Thanks Wise Girl. But couldn't you have done that earlier?"

"Shut it Seaweed Brain." Annabeth responded. My mom huffed and began cleaning up the wrecked living room.

"Sorry" I said apologetically.

"It's alright. I guess I should be used to this sort of thing by now."

"What are going to do with him?" I asked gesturing at Steve. Annabeth grabbed a piece of paper scrawling something down before tapping on a few drachmas and pinning it to Steve's shirt. I glanced at the note.

Avenger's Tower

Main Room

There was the sound of a cash register and Steve disappeared along with his shield which had been imbedded in the wall. All that was left was a receipt thanking us for using Hermes Airways-the fastest way to deliver.

"Well then" I said "now what?"

"Now we call the rest of the group and see if I can hack into the Avenger's tower to find out what their next plan is."

***********a line break*****************sneaking in trying to steal the glory****************from the most fabulously*****************mentioned line break mentioned above*************

The Avengers had been eating dinner wondering when Steve would come back with the suspect when a man fell from the ceiling right into the mashed potatoes. He appeared to be wearing the American flag.

Sooooooooooo, you know when I said the chapters would be short? Well apparently I lied. I had no idea they were going to get this long (if you consider this long it is longer than I was originally expecting) I don't know how long the rest of the chapters will be but they will probably vary in length depending on how much inspiration I have for a particular scene.

Well there you go, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Till next time mortals.

Τα λέμε αργότερα κροκοδείλου

c