Chapter Twenty Eight

Windstar dashed back to her clan. After all, they needed her. She arrived shortly at MapleClan camp.

"Cats, gather around for a clan meeting!" Windstar yowled, her body unsteady.

"...First, I would like to exile one specific member." Cats looked around in shock.

"Marshclaw. You are exiled from MapleClan. Sagefoot told me you were poisoning cats. You are no medicine cat. Anything you'd like to say before I get some warriors to escort you?" Windstar asked, passive aggression in her voice.

"Yes. Sagefoot was the one true leader and you don't deserve to be leader." He sneered.

Windstar shook her head. "Oh, of course." She said, mockingly. "Rosewind and Pebblecreek, escort him, and quick, we need to grief for our fallen ones."

The she-cats both nodded, practically dragging him out of camp. There was horror around the clan, but it was planted on Doeflight's face the most.

"Once they come back, we can grief. I need to appoint a deputy."

. . .

Moments passed, Rosewind and Pebblecreek returned unharmed. Which was good, Marshclaw could of tried anything.

"I say these words before StarClan, hopefully Redstar will hear and approve of my choice." Windstar mewed. Cats suddenly started to look up, interest glowing in their eyes.

"Jaystorm, you shall be the new deputy of MapleClan!" Windstar mewed, Jaystorm came up, shocked.

"It may be a really bad time for MapleClan at the moment.." mewed Jaystorm, his voice bold. "But I'll do my best to make this better."

Windstar nodded. "And with that, we must grieve the fallen ones to Marshclaw's paws. With Owlnose and Marshclaw gone, Rainpaw will need to become a full medicine cat."

Rainpaw looked shocked. "Owlnose was really good. He taught me at least what every herb does.. before.. he died.."

"Rainpaw, you shall now become a full medicine cat. You have worked long and hard and StarClan honours your skill for it. From now on, you shall be known as Raintuft."

"Raintuft, Raintuft!"

Raintuft looked flustered but she smiled, with amusement.

"Now, lets properly get to the fallen ones- Rockwind, Ashwing.. Owlnose. I am very ashamed I could not do anything about Marshclaw before my nine lives ceremony. I never knew he would try anything like that." She sighed.

Jaystorm blinked. "Windstar, don't blame yourself. Marshclaw was sly. You're a great leader." He purred.

Windstar stood tall. She was ready to properly lead.

"It was hard for me when I was young, watching my parents argue, and eventually be killed. I lost hope for myself. But now, standing, rising as leader, I now know my life has changed. I have grown, I have matured. I know right from wrong. I have stopped certain cats from bringing MapleClan down. We have suffered a lot with death and scarceness, but I will take care of all of you the best I can. I am ready to lead you." Windsplash meowed. Who knew what the next chapter in her life could be, after all, she had all she needed. MapleClan, leadership, her mate, her brother, kin..

But would this peace that settled through her body last forever?