Chapter Twenty One

Windsplash had felt time slowly fly past her. Yet another long, daring moon had passed. Tawnydapple was also now in the nursery, expecting Redstar's kits, about a moon along herself. Kits, for sure were being born quickly. Luckily the leaf-bare for the kits wasn't to harsh that it took their life. Windsplash was grateful for that.

She felt honestly betrayed her mentor would even think about having kits with the cat that accused her of lying.

As she thought about it, a voice called her name.

"Windsplash." It was direct and deep, Windsplash shot up and turned, to meet the eyes - which she had avoided doing in a long time - of Redstar.

"Come with me." He flicked his tail, some cats overlooked the two, tilting their heads. Redstar ignored this and they continued walking to his den.

They got inside the den in no time.

She tried to keep herself calm and cool. "Yes, Redstar?" She had meowed, politely as if she had never accused anyone of anything to him.

"I'm sorry about last time." Redstar mewed. "I shouted at you to get out, and I know you didn't take very well to that-"

"D-Did it really seem like that?" Windsplash interrupted, quietly, her voice a shy whisper.

Redstar nodded. "You completely avoided looking at me. I know my clan well." He amusingly said to try lighten the mood a bit.

"I am geniunely sorry though, I just want things to be left less bitter between us. After all - It's unhealthy to have that with your own leader." Redstar mewed. "But still, my point stands. You should know it is a lot to accuse a cat of such cruel action, especially without evidence. You're a responsible warrior, Windsplash. You're turning out to be a great one, but there's times unfortunately where we won't get our ways. It's common knowledge."

"Yes, I know that. It was just in the moment, talking about her death makes me angry and overwhelmed." Windsplash looked down with a defeating sigh. "Maybe your right, maybe I did see it differently." I hate to lie, because I did see it but, there is a small possibility he is right. I'll prove to him someday, today, however, is just not the day.

Windsplash blinked slowly.

"I wish there was more to this- Windsplash, I really do. Then it would be more clear to me." Redstar let out a long, long sigh.

"I'm glad you get the point. The work on patrols as well have been reported to be excellent. I heard you stopped Robinears and Elmstream of StormClan from fighting. You're a very loyal warrior. Don't let this moment ruin your shine."

The words touched Windsplash. She felt somewhat relieved. She thought all this time Redstar was going to treat her differently, but they thought alike.

"I also wanted to say that I want you to mentor one of my kits. You're all ready for an apprentice and you'd be an excellent mentor. I want you to pass down that good head of yours onto my kits." Redstar said, softly with a flick of his tail.

Windsplash could of swore he was lying, but he wasn't. The calm and reserved look told it all that he was being serious.

"You know that I'd gladly do it, within a heartbeat, Redstar." Windsplash said, her voice fast with excitement, determination and polite. She was determined to prepare and make her future apprentice the best apprentice there has ever been. Maybe just then, somebody would believe her.