Chapter Nine

Windpaw fell asleep later that afternoon. She felt tired, and could swear it was something to do with the mouse she ate. Nonetheless, she was due a slumber.

Her sleep deepened. She couldn't help but wonder what filled her nostrils. She opened her eyes to see a blazing fire right in her eyes, the flames travelling fast. Her blood pounded right in her ears.

She went running, her paws hitting the ground heavily and eagerly with each step. She felt her heart pump, trying to keep her whole circulation oxygenated. It was not enough, she soon felt the flames engulf her. A screeching echo was the last thing she heard. "Be aware on what plants are dangerous for us.."

She awoke, her chest pounding, she set herself right next to Skypaw, giving a good shy and timid look around the den. She then sniffed something in the air.

"That smells horrible!" She said aloud, soon covering her mouth with her tail to make it look like she was asleep.

Sorrelpaw blinked awake. "It does."

She went out, to her eyes seeing the unexpected, a blazing fire, huge, just like the one in her dream. Her heart sped up. "F-Fire!" Her blood curtling screech sent warriors out of their dens in grumpiness, only for them to jump back and scream the same thing, soon there was a rabble.

"Fire!" The whole clan screeched, making Redstar jump out of his den.

"MapleClan, evacuate, over the hills to RoseClan!" Cats wailed and screeched.

"..Pinewhisker, Rockwind, Sagefoot, stay with me and Songbird to help evacuate the queens and elders!" Redstar called the toms over, their gazes somewhat scared.

"Owlnose take lead! We'll be up there shortly!" Called Redstar again, Owlnose nodded, bolting and angling at his clan to follow. Cats discussed nervously on what would happen next, after all, their clan leader and deputy were away.

Everyone bit their muzzle in eagerness for Redstar to appear with everyone okay. Meantime, Windpaw realised what a view RoseClan had from on the top of the moor! They could probably see camp if it weren't for the trees.

"What are you doing here?" growled an unfriendly voice. They turned around and it was two RoseClan cats.

"Ah," said Owlnose, looking timid. "Suncloud and Eaglestripe," he dipped his head respectfully. "We're not here to harm you. Theres a fire spreading into camp, we need to wait here.."

"Go find somewhere else then," the brown tom looked defensive.

"Eaglestripe." Suncloud scolded him with a tone, pushing him back, her eyes glowing at him. "The warrior code says to always help a clan, or cat in need." She stared at him and held her harsh gaze. She turned back softly. "Of course you can stay." She dipped her head at MapleClan.

"And, ignore that sharp-tongued feather-brain over there. He gets hot-headed at times, night-patrol really is making him a grump like I said."

"Hey." Eaglestripe mumbled inaudibly, snorting slightly.

Suncloud rolled her eyes. "We best be patrolling other places. If you do step any further in here though we will have to warn someone. I hope MapleClan does well after the fire wreckage." Suncloud dipped her head, and nodded at Eaglestripe, they padded away together, chatting.

She was nice. Can't say the same for Eaglestripe. She shrugged. Not everybody is nice in this world. We have to ignore it or if worst comes to the worst, fight for it, with violence.