Chapter Six

Windpaw had to admit what Sagefoot had did looked staged. Every other cat seemed to believe him. Cinderwing, his mother, had ran over, letting out a wail of distress. Poor Cinderwing.. She let her thoughts lead on.

As she glanced around. Larkpaw was sitting with Rosepaw soothingly. Snowpaw was a younger apprentice from her and they had been growing somewhat close to each-other.

"StarClan is so cruel.." she mewed, her voice pained sorrowfully. "Cats seem to be dying in this leaf-bare faster than usual.."

And it's all because of Sagefoot's mouse-brained plans.. She thought spitefully. Dawnsong, Snowpaw, whose next.. me? Larkpaw? Redstar? She thought thoroughly. Theres only so much you can guess. Snowpaw and Sagefoot aren't related.. so that was kind of unexpected.

I really need to be wary. If I am out alone, Sagefoot can see me as killing bait. He'll make up an excuse on how I died, and the gullible clan will believe this fool..

She let out another sigh. StarClan, don't let this murderer get his ways.

She looked around, to see Skypaw sitting next to her and wrapping his tail around hers. He said nothing for moments on end.

"..Y-You looked.. distressed." he said shyly, "I just wanted to help you.."

Windpaw flushed. "I am." she mewed. "So much is going on. Coping with my mother's death has been really hard. She'll never get to see me become a warrior. She'll never get to see me have kits.."

"Have kits?" Skypaw mewed, shocked slightly. "You look like the type of cat to not have kits at all with your personality!"

Windpaw blinked slightly and smiled.

"Do I?" she said with a grin. "Well- you were wrong for once." she said teasingly. "I love kits."

Skypaw chuckled a bit. "But whose kits would it be?"

Windpaw blushed, panic arising in her. I never expected him to ask that!

"I-I don't know, okay!?" she turned from him slightly, her eyes widening. She calmed. "All I know is I want kits you feather-brain."

"Bit defensive there, huh?" he said with a suggestive manipulating voice. "Do you have a.."

"Don't even go there, I will claw off your face to shreds." Windpaw mewed, slight anger rising in her. "How about I ask you those questions?"

It seemed as he could tell she was unamused. "No.. I'm good." he added briskly. "I'm sorry, Windpaw. I-I just got carried away with the whole kits thing.."