Chapter Twenty Three

"You're good to go. The wounds weren't that deep." Owlnose mewed, staring over at Marshclaw.

"Get the marigold for Sagefoot. He has one deep wound."

Windsplash felt slightly satisfied that she made one deep cut in him that he'd remember. It was only a matter of time where he joined her outside the den.

Cats believed Sagefoot immediately. Windsplash didn't even have the time to speak or say her part, but if she did - would the cats even believe?

Windsplash wondered when it was her time to shine. Recently Jaystorm, Heatherwind and Mudfall became warriors, Rosewillow's litter quickly becoming apprentices. They had what seemed like a quick apprenticehood, but it had been 6 whole moons. Cats of the forest were now settling into the middle Newleaf, where things did get slightly brighter. Not bright enough around Sagefoot and Marshclaw.

Cats reported to Redstar the prey didn't taste great and they were sent immediately to Owlnose. This time, however, cats survived. Owlnose gave them yarrow and they vomited whatever in their system was back up.

This was weird for Nightbriar and Pinewhisker however, as they could not seem to get it out their system.. it took their lives. Was it a message from StarClan? Windsplash was so quizzical on the whole situation. What did StarClan want her to do?

She hoped she'd get another message soon, but she didn't know if she needed one. To her, it seemed like it. To them, it might not.

Tawnydapple's litter, Hollykit, Tigerkit, Timberkit and Mistkit were about 2 moons old now. It would only be a couple of moons until Windsplash got to mentor one of them, after all, Redstar had better plans for Sootkit, and Rainkit was intrested in herbs.

They'd be made apprentices in a couple of days, after all, they were born not too long after Moonpaw, Hailpaw and Breezepaw.

But Windsplash had to admit - she worried for Rainkit. Marshclaw would be her mentor, and who knows what crime he'd commit. She'd be learning nothing but herbs that kill. Owlnose though, to be fair, was there too. However, Windsplash, for the sake of Pebblecreek and Rockwind, would keep an eye on Rainpaw.

Rockwind was a loyal warrior; and would a much better deputy choice then Sagefoot. Rockwind and Pinewhisker were good friends, but atleast to cope Rockwind had Pebblecreek.

Windsplash kept wondering if StarClan would send her a message - she was desperate at this point to know, after all she wanted Sagefoot gone from MapleClan and away to never be seen again in the depths of the Dark Forest where he'd hopefully rot.

Sagefoot didn't even believe in StarClan. It seemed as if he wanted to go to the Dark Forest. It made Windsplash sigh, long and hard.

Skywing brushed up against her. "Is there anything on your mind?" He asked, a soft tone to his voice.

"Y-Yeah- I meant n-no.." Windsplash wasn't a really good liar. Especially to my own mate. Skywing sighed.

"I'll take that as a yes." He mewed. "What's on your mind?"

"Sagefoot." Windsplash admitted. "He's deputy and I can't let him be it."

"Oh, Windsplash." Skywing mewed. "You're worrying too much. It'll only be a matter of time until Sagefoot dies too. I heard you talking in your sleep about him. It's your destiny to put a stop to him, and you must wait..for the time to come."