Chapter Eight

Windpaw walked more closely to the centre of camp. I had no idea at all that Cherrydawn was expecting kits.. She thought. Especially Pinewhisker's.. Feels bad for him.. She snapped out of her thoughts. The kits were given to Rosewind, whom was expecting Ashwing's kits. Not a surprise in that. Windpaw thought in amusement.  Rosewind said she'd be honoured to take them in. She knew Cherrydawn pretty well.

Skypaw and Rosepaw were chatting ahead. Larkpaw must be away then. She smiled slightly to herself. Apparently me and Larkpaw aren't old enough to do all the duties by ourself, nevermind Sorrelpaw.. That meant Skypaw and Rosepaw's ceremonies were delayed, but the aging of Mistyrose's kits weren't, so it'd be a matter of time until they were made warriors.

This, however meant she was in a good spot because there is three in Mistyrose's litter, meaning altogether 4 apprentices in the den would be enough. Apprenticehood sure is whizzing by. Our ceremonies in a couple of moons.. Windpaw blinked. She did have to admit she wasn't training to the fullest because Tawnydapple worked hard to make sure no arguments or heartbreak would spread within the clan.

Windpaw peeked out the den slightly. She hadn't been out all morning. However, she was greeted with a white camp of snow.

Mistyrose and Cinderwing were talking from the nursery, Jaykit was exclaiming how he would be the best warrior out of the three while Mudkit was trying to best that.

Marshpaw and Sorrelpaw were chatting, Sorrelpaw walked away within moments, however, to let Sagefoot chat with Marshpaw.

Wait a minute.. Sagefoot.. chatting with a medicine cat? He told me when I was younger that being a medicine cat was a waste! She thought despicably. Not that I wanted to be one, but I remember the words he said to me about medicine cats, clear as day.

Then again, my father has the cold blood of a murderer, I will do anything to avoid him and protect my brother. My mother.. She thought with a sigh, I could not protect her in time..

An eery shiver ran up her spine as she realised she had been sitting, looking at her paws in the cold snow. She ran back into the den.

"Cold, eh?" She heard a voice erupt from behind. It was Skypaw. She blinked.

"Yeah, I guess." Windpaw said with a bit of a tone. I am still a bit mad from the fight we had not too long ago. She thought bitterly.

"I thought our fight was in the past," Skypaw said, with a soothing tone to his voice. "Not right now."

Windpaw looked to the side slightly for for a moment before meeting his gaze. "Sorry. Just wasn't expecting you to talk to me.."

"Why wouldn't I?" He perked up his ears. "Just because of a dumb fallout we had doesn't mean I won't respect you. We're still friends, right?" He said, betrayal slightly in his gaze.

Suddenly, something overwhelmed Windpaw. "Yeah," she nuzzled him, hard so he felt it. "And.. I never ever want to lose you, I'm sorry for my tone.."