Chapter Three

"Ah, that feels much better.. Thank you, Windpaw. Your training is coming along and I can see it." Nutfall had mewed, his voice calm and croaky, like it was usually.

"Thanks," Windpaw flushed. She was padding away from the duties because Tawnydapple said she could go. On the way, she bumped into the fellow apprentice whom she hadn't really talked to, Skypaw.

"Oh hi!" He mewed, his tone surprised. "Sorry for bumping into you. Wasn't looking where I was going." He mumbled, but then his voice grew warm. "How's training?"

Windpaw smiled, not even thinking for a second they hadn't really talked. "It's really good, actually. Tawnydapple said I would be a warrior within no time!" she smirked. Skypaw was older than her by about a moon. They used to play kit games frequently until they were apprenticed.

Skypaw laughed, his gaze soft. "If you're apprenticed a moon early, then perhaps we'll be made warriors at the same time." He smiled. "What are you about to do? Any plans? Sorry if I'm butting into your business,"

"No, not at all. Don't really have any," she purred, "but for a first I'd like to wash this stupid mouse bile off my paws."

"Ah," Skypaw's whiskers twitched. "On elder duties there, huh?"

Windpaw nodded, shortly then after letting out a long groan of stress. "Of course, and training couldn't get any more boring." She rolled her eyes.

Skypaw nodded. "Well, I'll let you to it. If you ever need a buddy, call for me. Larkpaw's usually busy mooning over Rosepaw, so I imagine you get lonely. I can keep you company." He purred, amusement flooded through his voice.

Windpaw nodded. "Alright. Will do. Thanks, Skypaw." She brushed her tail along his back and immediately started to flush bright red as he walked away. I never thought I'd see myself in such a happy situation like that. It appears if nowadays it's just stress overclouding me. All I need is someone to talk to.

She walked out of the hedge-like entrance, jumping over the fallen log at the start. She turned towards Illumimated Stones and found the lake there and dipped her paws in.

My paws will smell like mouse dung for ages now. Great. I'm not grooming my fur until the smell's completely gone. Perhaps if it rains. She looked up, hearing some voices from behind her.

She jumped into the bushes, to see a glimpse of two figures. She got a closer look and with a sickening sudden realisation, it was Dawnsong and Sagefoot arguing.

"You're the fool, Dawnsong!" Sagefoot screeched, anger raging and blazing in his sage green eyes. "I had told you I wanted nothing more than you, which meant no kits!"

"You said it'd be a nice idea! Why are you confronting me about this now?!" Dawnsong shouted, tears streaming down her face.

Sagefoot went silent, more than fury was now blazing in his eyes. "You're nothing more than a fool, Dawnsong. You fell for all my plans. You fell for me. Now, I must show you why you shouldn't argue with me. You'll regret all you have done."

Dawnsong's eyes widened. Sagefoot extended his claws. He then raked his claws down her cheek. Blood spilling out of it. Dawnsong let out a yowl of pain.

He then pinned her, his eyes narrowing, grimly, still glazed with fury. "Sagefoot. What are you doing? You're the mother of my kits, you agreed to do so, you can't put an end to me like this!"

"You mean nothing to me, Dawnsong. You deserve to be dead. For betraying me, for lying to me. Did you think I would let you slip that by? No, we talked this through." He said, his voice more steady and calm, but still angry.

"No we did not. You're lying Sagefoot. If you kill me, you affect our kits future. Imagine how much this would mess with their head. Be glad I mothered your kits and that your generation will live on, at all, Sagefoot."

And with a yowl, Sagefoot bit deep into her neck, blood drooling from his mouth. Dawnsong went limp, and lightning crashed down from the skies. Sagefoot started to drag her along the forest floor, blood stained on the grass, however it was washing away quickly the more it pelted dowm with rain.

D-Dawnsong.. No...no... this can't be happening!