-0- Through his eyes

"Flight number 2246 with destination to Las Vegas, Nevada is now boarding, please move to gate B12 to board on time" a melodic sweet voice resounded in the small airport as he walked as fast as he could towards the same mentioned gate.

His small piece of luggage hanged on his left shoulder with only a few change of clothes that he will probably leave untouched. He was regretting his decision already, but the phone ringing nonstop on his right hand said he was going to have a lot to handle during this weekend. He tossed his bag to one side and fixed his denim jacket in a way to calm himself before taking the call.

It was a last minute call decision, but his best friend would have killed him if he wasn't there with the rest of the group on a special day like this one. He was going to drive his truck to Las Vegas nonetheless some other crazy romantic ideas came to his mind and soon he had a flight reservation in his hand. That was the moment when his fear of flying took the best of him.

He almost stayed home, but the ticket was too expensive to waste it. He took the money from his savings to open his own consultation and he had to make the most of it.

He gazed up to the signboards with the number of gates left to arrive to B12. He heard his phone again while he turned right to make the line to board his flight. He breathed deeply ready to hear Miranda's voice and for one moment he knew how it will sound. A perfect pitch of madness was going to come out from that little country mouth.

"Hey" he whispered as he took a place in the line and offered a polite smile to the person in front of him.

" Where the hell are you?" Yes, as he imagined it. After twenty years of being best friends he knew even the smallest detail about her. He smiled to himself while he heard another very familiar voice on the background, telling him that Miranda was going out of her mind.

" I'm on my way" he murmured with an annoyed tone. He was dealing with his fear and Miranda was being facetious again.

"On your way to where , exactly?Neverland?" She asked sounding completely furious, but behind her tone there was a a very concerned Miranda. " You were supposed to arrive last night , Blake! Can you imagine how worried Marley and I have been because you never arrived and you haven't picked your phone?"

Yes she was worried and that was worse than angry. She becomes mommy bear when she worries about any of them.

" On my way to Las Vegas. I just decided to take a flight over there instead of driving my truck. It was a last minute thing so I didn't have time to tell you guys" he explained lowly while he saw that his turn to show his ticket was two steps away.

" A flight? You on an airplane? Did I miss something?" Her adenoidal tone with surprise made him chuckle lightly.

"I just want to try something new" he whispered while he took a deep breath in to calm his nervousness.

" Something new? Huh I see... so when are you going to arrive?" Her high pitched voice was doubting his lame excuse, but instead she asked another question.

" Around evening " he watched the person before him handing her ticket and he tried to finish the call with a fruity tone to give Miranda some piece of mind about his whereabouts. " I'll be there on time. I promise"

" Evening" she murmured as she did when her brain was working on reading his mind. " Colorado is right there, Blake"

" I know. My flight has one stop in California" he knew the moment his words left his lips that she will know what he was about to do.