Goodbye (26)

I smiled shyly up at him. This was real, it was really happening. Finally we were on the same page.

“ I want you too” I whispered softly, embarrassed of my own feelings.

He gave me a heart killer half smile and pulled completely away when he heard footsteps making their way to us. I knew whoever was there might saw how close we were and how obvious it was that we couldn’t keep our hands from each other.

“Cut the PDA please, not all of us are thrilled to see this happening.” Joshua’s voice filled the silence between us as a playful smile formed on his lips.

He passed a beer to each of us and I decided to take that chance to walk away from my addiction and sit right next to Joshua. At the same time Marley, Jackson and Miranda joined us, the three of them were laughing while carrying the drinks towards the burning fire.

“ Miranda, do you agree on these two making a PDA session back here?” Joshua asked with a hint of humor in his voice.

I elbowed him discreetly but he managed to make everyone know.

“Ouch! liv! Are you trying to break my ribs?” He said and soon we heard the laughter of the others.

“She’s a violent one, Blake! Are you sure you can handle her?” Marley asked with a mischievous smile on her face.

“I’m sure I can! Let’s just wait until she gets into my be—“

“Oh God! You’re disgusting, Blake!” I cut him off before he could finish his sentence. I was so embarrassed at how easy all of them were making me feel. I was blushing like hell right now.

“This is so funny” Miranda said laughing while taking a sip of her beer.

“What’s so funny? Making me blush like this? How are you all okay with this?” I asked them with a mortified expression not hiding my embarrassment.

“It’s funny to make you blush” Marley yelled with a smile. It only made my cheeks go even redder. Jackson was beside her quiet with a wide grin.

“We’re fine with it...Well Joshua isn’t but he will get used to it.” Miranda said looking at Joshua who flipped her the middle finger and then looked back at me.

“Why are you so surprise, Liv?” He asked, as if it was nothing.

“Wait. You were all making bets about us, right?” I asked referring to Blake and I, getting back together again. I was surprised all of them knew about our shared feelings.

“We kind of knew about it and yes we made some bets” Marley said, smiling while she grabbed a corn from the wooden table.

“ We have been dying to make fun of you since we were young! We were waiting for this moment for so long” Miranda laughed as she took the corn Marley handed her.

“Really?” I asked dumbfounded as I looked at Blake incredulously.

“ Hey! Stop making fun of Liv or else she’ll get mad at me” Blake scowled at them trying to put his best serious face.
“Yeah...I knew it! Liv will make you a wimp.” Joshua said and soon Jackson snorted out followed by a laugh. They were followed by all of us.

I missed the crew and more now that we got together after ten long years. These past weeks have been nothing but a rediscovery of those who were there for me once. They have showed that no matter the circumstances we will be together again. No matter the distance or how far our jobs take us, we will have Colorado to be our safe haven with the people we truly love. Surviving Colorado was easy when it meant loving those near and dear to your heart.