Solidarity (9)

He was the one who threw me the shirt for me to cover myself. I was forced to leave Flash behind and get in the police car. Who would have thought I would be arrested again? The funny thing is that both times were because of Joshua.

First time, was when I was sixteen. From the last time I came to Colorado before my career hit the roof.  It was the end of summer and the last couple of days before I went back to set to start shooting season 2 of “ Beautiful promises”. I spent most of the summer with Blake and Miranda, but, Joshua joined us when he got a two weeks break from college.

We were drinking lemonade outside the shadow of a tree. They talked about their bucket lists and how they would work to fulfill it before they die. I confessed I wanted to go horseback riding in the middle of the city. It was, of course, illegal. Joshua smirked and stood up holding my hand.

“ Let's do it!” he said with a huge grin. He of course being Joshua thought it was a good idea.

“No, I can't. What would people say if I get caught? Things are not as before. I have a reputation --"

“To keep!” the three of them yelled at the same time. They were extremely tired of those words I kept repeating all summer.

“Come on!” he said with pleading eyes and a soft voice.

I looked at the other two who were expectantly waiting for my answer. I saw Blake and his smile assured me he was fine with this stupid idea. I took Joshua’s hand and walked to the stable feeling all sorts of butterflies in my stomach. I was doing something reckless for the first time in my life. 

We went horseback riding but of course as always Joshua’s plans turned out wrong. He never planned things he just went with the flow of things. We got arrested and spent a night in the cell at the police station.  My dad wanted to give me a lesson.

If he saw me now...

I was completely silent during the drive to the police station.  I knew I would get out easily after paying a fee but it angered me to think someone would find out about this. Joshua opened the door for me when we got to the station and I ignored him. 

I walked behind the policeman while Joshua kept staring at me as he walked by my side. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye and saw him trying to hide a smile. What's up with him today?

We stepped in and immediately a tall brunette approached us smiling while her eyes landed on me. Then she looked back at Joshua raising her left eyebrow.

“Boss, good to see you! Isn't it your day off?” she asked.

“Boss?” I asked stopping him from answering her question. I raised both eyebrows in surprised. He ignored my question and answered hers instead. 

“ It is. This is Liv, an old friend.” she smiled at me and I smiled back. I saw her getting nervous at my presence. She knew who I was. “The forest keeper need to update the state belonging territory. He arrested us thinking the property still belongs to the Jeffersons " he explained further why he was here and not taking his day off.

“ I thought that one was declared in the last state territory declaration.  I'll check it out and talk to the man" she said and left but not before asking me for an autograph.

“ Are you the Sheriff, Joshua?” I asked still in shock, after I signed the small paper she gave me.

“No, I'm not. I'm a detective and that woman you saw there is Vanessa. My coworker" he explained while walking towards his workspace.  The room was oddly empty.