The difference between us (23)

Next morning I woke up bright and early, I had an idea. I took my phone out and with lots of doubts and little confidence,  I created a new group chat with all of us.

I typed the name “ Last Friday Night" and then I added them one by one. Then I proceed to send the first message.

I put my phone down on my bed and prepared myself to face the day. It was 5:30 in the morning and the kitchen was completely silent when I got there. I prepared coffee and sandwiches for breakfast.  Today I wanted to help with the administration of the ranch. I needed to gather some papers and ask Will to send me the most outstanding administrators from around town.

Dad needed help with the ranch and it was about time I did something about it.

I had to confront Jackson about his work a few  years back and if he remembered me.

I heard the sound of footsteps getting closer and turned around. I faced a messy Jackson. His dark black hair fell on his forehead in a messy manner. He was still half asleep with one eye open and the other one closed. He was still in his jeans and white shirt. His left eye circled by a light purple color.  It all indicated that he spent a rough night.

“ Where have you been Jackson?” I asked him, smirking as I poured coffee on a mug for him.

“ I went to a bar. Rider I think is the name. Met a girl. Had a fight " he said slowly and in a low voice. His eyes were still trying to figure out how to open again.

“ A girl? Never thought you were looking for girls in Colorado”  I said with a giggle sitting in front of him on the wooden table.

“ Trust me. I am not… she was a pain in the ass" he explained further leaning back on the chair and looking directly at me.

“ How come?” I smiled, but couldn't stop laughing at the mess of a man I had in front of me.

“ The girl got in trouble...a feisty one. I tried to help her and punched some guys but instead she punched me and then I just remember her rant about feminism and the independent woman talk" he said crossing his arms in front of his chest.

“ Oh God! You let her punch you! She must be beautiful” I said smirking. I completely knew he wasn't a man to whom a girl could just punch in the face.

“ Yeah...I'm a gentleman.  If she wanted to feel strong and independent by kicking my ass I gave her exactly that" he stood up taking the mug to the sink.

“  Did you ask her out?” I asked curious about that girl that had the balls to pick a fight with a tall dangerous Jackson.

“ Me? Hell no! That girl is only trouble”  he said with half a smile and a nostalgic look. He was thinking about last night. 

“ Smart guy”  I murmured taking a sip of my coffee.

I watched the news on my phone.  There were still articles about me and Ryan, but none that said he has said anything about us. I was fine with that.

“ Good morning, Liv. Are you going to town today?” dad walked into the kitchen and kissed my forehead. 

“ No. We will have a bonfire tonight. Joshua will take care of the things we need from town. Why?” I told dad while I saw Jackson nod at him in a salute and dad returned it.

“ I'm going to spend the rest of the day in town probably  spend the night there. You guys have fun and behave. Don't burn down the ranch please”  he said mockingly before kissing my forehead again as he hurried out the door.

“ I guess it's just you and me, Jackson" I said standing up to wash my plate and mug.

“ I guess it is" he said, giving me a side glance with an uncomfortable expression on his face. He was still leaning against the sink “but first, can you put some clothes on? I don't want Agent Stevens to find me near you looking like that" he said looking from my head to my toes.