Stevens (18)

I faced him and as soon as I did, my stomach knotted in pain. His tall and thin figure overshadowed mine. His dark brown eyes burned my eyes with the intensity of his anger. He was too close for my comfort. I took a step back when I saw him direct his right hand to my caress my cheek.

“ I never thought you'd go back to that hole,  as your mother called it a million times. It was almost impossible to find you" he said taking a step towards me in the oddly empty hall. I stopped walking backwards when I realized I shouldn't be afraid of this jerk.

“ Hello Ryan, don't make a big deal about it!” I said harshly with a tone that could freeze the desert. “Now we need to get inside and deal with your stupidity"

“ Oh Liv, you're the one who doesn't know what you're getting yourself into" he said confidently, after his previous shock because of the way I talked to him.

“ No, Ryan. You're so wrong about all this. You're blind at the consequences you will have to face" I said with even more confidence than I felt a minute ago. My voice rose with anger.

“Liv, Ryan, come inside”  His lawyer said to us when he arrived. He didn't say anything about the situation between us at that moment. 

We walked inside and went straight to the meeting room. We sat on opposite ends with our lawyers on each side. I stared at him for a minute trying to find in him a reason for him to do this to me. I couldn't find any. He turned into somebody we used to love.

His eyes were fixed on me. I could feel the evilness coming from inside him. He looked arrogant and ironic as he read the new contract for the deal we were waiting to sign.

“ Here says Liv, can stay with our houses in the beach and half my fortune. We didn't even get married why is this shit making us separate our stuff like this" he asked with his strong jaw tighten.

“ It was placed in the contract you both signed when you started dating. Whoever breaks the silence about your privacy and intimacy has to pay the other the half of their fortunes and the houses which are two, will stay in Liv’s hands" My lawyer explained to him, with a serious but deadly look. “ You in this case were the one who talked first"

“ I didn't. What I said in that interview were lies, so I only fooled her to go and blurb every thing out”  he was a conceited bastard.

“ You were the first to let the public know Liv left you and to say you were having issues in your relationship”  my lawyer said again, leaving him speechless as he looked at me with rage. He knew he was going down if he kept complaining about that contract.

“ What about the domestic abuse demand?” his lawyer a young greedy guy with the look of a model intervene.

“ What about it? You're crazy if you think I'm going to let this one pass. I don't care about your money and houses, but what you did to me, you must pay it" it was me who spoke against the advice of my lawyers.  I had to make it clear I'll make him go down after his low moral behavior.

“ You need to strike this demand out of the package. It is true that my client will be investigated for domestic abuse but they won't find any ex girlfriend willing to testify or any other proof that he is a violent person. The demand will vanished after that”  he stated with a highly competitive tone.

“ Liv will testify against Ryan. For the jury is enough to start the investigation and open the files about the case" my lawyer was on the edge of standing up and punching the asshole defending Ryan.

“ That's the thing, what case? There's not enough proofs to even open any case. You're bluffing to make us break out deals. To make us nervous to go to trial" he stated again with a self satisfied smirk raising one eyebrow that was thicker than mine.

“ That's where you're wrong" I said to him standing up and slamming my hands the table with force.

“ Liv, you can't win this time.  We already search every database or your supposedly case “ he said making quotation marks with his hands. That idiot was being sarcastic.

I looked back at Will taken aback from that comment. We did have a case. I opened one the same day he hit me. I came over to the police and opened it. Will said in a public press conference that I wasn't in California. He said I was visiting my mom abroad. To keep me out of the eye while the police gathered all the proofs they needed from my apartment. Will looked back at me and then at my lawyer.

“ Do you really think I'd have sent you a legal demand for domestic abuse if I didn't have any proofs, Ryan? Do you think I am that stupid?” I yelled at him full of anger. I noticed my lawyer whispered me to calm down and I sat down again. Will wasn't there anymore I didn't see him leave.

“ You aren't stupid, love.  You just need to learn some things from this business.  I payed a massive amount of money to find your case and delete it, but you fooled me because they couldn't find it. That's the reason I'm very sure you won't win the case. I'm just giving you the chance to drop it, babe" his voice caused my blood boil as I felt my cheeks getting hotter.

“ Liv, can I talk to you for a moment?” Will asked me peeling his head on the door with a serious scared expression on his face.

I looked directly towards Ryan. My eyes reflected the desire I had to hurt him badly and the words that left my mouth sounded like someone else. They were cold and pitiless. I wasn't going to have mercy on him anymore. I walked closer to him and kept quiet the frantic beating of my heart as I got close to him. I took as advantage that he was on his chair. I felt my eyes going out of their orbits due to the tension and resentment I felt towards him and my nostrils open with rage. He was shocked at my reaction. His eyes widen in fear when I said the words that intimidated him.

“ Ryan, either you break that contract and accept the deal or you will regret what is coming to you" with that said I stormed out of the meeting room to meet an anxious disoriented Will outside.

James was still  in the meeting room but I felt Jackson follow me. He stood quietly against a wall with his hand in front of his chest.

“ What's wrong Will?” I asked worriedly with my hands still shaking from the previous outraged I had.

“ After he said that, I went out to call July,  the police officer handling your case" he started to explain but lowered his voice when he saw Ryan’s bodyguard walking out. He pulled me closer.

“ What happened?” I was scared.

“  Your file has been classified by a CIA special agent, Liv" he said gulping with nervousness.

“ What the fuck Will?” I was in shock. I suddenly felt extremely vulnerable. “ Why can't this be easy?” i was almost crying my heart out again.

“ July has people in there and she got the name of the agent, he is a paramilitary Operations Officer, Liv. The guy is fucking dangerous and smart as hell" He said as if his mind was blown away.

“ What's the name of the agent, Will?” I asked with curiosity and intensity filling my body. These were the types of agents that you see in movies, not in real life getting in an actress business.

“ He is the only one who can open the file. He gave an order to protect it"  Will continue explaining while looking behind us. He made sure no one was listening to his next words.

“  What's his name?!” I whispered desperately. 

“ Special Agent Stevens" I wasn't stupid and as digested the surname my eyes widen with more shock and frustration. He had been lying to me all this fucking time.

“ His name!” I yelled at Will caught up in the mind blowing information. Jackson watched us quietly and still suspiciously with a tiny smile.

“ Stevens. Joshua Stevens"