Epilogue

Our Always
[5 years later]

The image in front of me was unforgettable.

I was shocked at the view of the yellowish white dress covered in an embroidery flower lace that fell on my figure in a mermaid's cut. I loved the way the dress despite the years kept the touch of elegance and simplicity.

It once belonged to my grandmother and now it was my turn to wear it. I couldn't be more proud to wear the wedding gown of a woman like her.

I looked taller as the dress fell down to my feet.  The pronounced V neck accentuated my breasts, and a shy smile curled up my lips and a soft chuckle left my mouth.

In a few months my figure would not fit in a dress like this. It was for now my secret to keep, but I couldn't wait to tell him today.

I turned around to see how it fell down my back. The back cut made my back more showy. I fixed my gaze on the small tattoo of a butterfly flying in the center. Miranda and I got the same tattoo after her last chemo treatment. It was a statement that no matter what, we will never fall but fly like a butterfly and reach the sky.

I smiled at myself when my eyes reached my face and I saw the happiness that filled me. After so many years things were finally falling into place. I heard voices outside and the well known laughs.  My smile grew even wider at the thought of the crew being here for us today.

It was indeed a memorable day.

After the day he went to California we have been inseparable. I moved to Colorado because my job allowed me to. I could travel more from town to town. He was very patient with all the upcoming movies and we decided to enjoy our relationship before taking this big step.

He wanted to open one more veterinary in the next town from Colorado. I had to finish all those contracts to pace down my career and focus on our future family.  Now was the ideal moment in our lives to finally say the “ I do".

I heard the door open, the voices from the hallway outside were even louder and the smell of champagne and cigarette invaded the room.

I looked at the person who came in, waiting to see my maid of honor and bridesmaids, but my heart sank to my feet when I saw the person standing right in front of me resting his body on the now closed door.

His eyes were fixed on me with a mix of sadness and most of all happiness. He looked fresh despite the obvious hard time he had.

I didn't know what to do. I forgot how to breathe and only a deep sob went out of my lips. He reached me immediately and wrapped his strong arms around me as I fell to his chest and clung, still sobbing uncontrollably.

Bethany was going to kill me for ruining my makeup, but I couldn't help it. I haven't seen him in five long years.  I haven't heard from him in so long and now here he was in front of me with a blue suit...sharp looking and well-fitted.

“ Stop crying, Liv. I thought you would be happy to see me.” he said lightly trying to play off his own emotions that was quite evident in the thickness of his voice.

My eyes reach his blue ones and I smiled. 

“ Joshua, I've missed you so much." I tried to hold a few more tears but it was in vain. I hugged him tight for a few seconds.