"Are you this incompetent when it comes to your work?" he asks me through gritted teeth and I keep my mouth shut, realizing that if I ever open this mouth then Wyatt will burst. He looks like he's ready to pop a vein so he could throw shits at me. "I called you a lot of times since Sunday, and you never answered. I sent messages, you never even texted back. Why is that? Don't you think, as my secretary, that I deserve to know what's going on with you? I had to answer every call that came in, and that shit is a bother to me. I'm packed with meetings and presentations today, and I had to reschedule them by myself because my secretary was out there doing something!"

I bite my lower lip and I swear I see his eyes flick to it, but I could just be hallucinating. I yell at myself internally, reminding myself that he's still my boss and there's no way he'd check me out. This is one of the times I question myself why I had to be gay. Really, because clearly, there's something wrong.

"I'm sorry," I tell him and by the tone of my voice, I hope he'd hear how sorry I am for being late and for making him do secretary stuff even though he's the boss. "To be honest, there's no urgent thing I had to do. I overslept, and it's my fault. I'll make sure this won't happen again. I promise that."

"How can you be so sure that this will not happen again?" he asks me, eyes still burning. I get uncomfortable at his scrutinizing gaze at me and I have to tell myself to calm down just to get through with this. "I still want explanation why you ignored my calls and messages."

"My phone was set on silent," I admit to him, feeling my cheeks get hot. "Usually on weekends, I set my phone on mute so I wouldn't be bugged as I need to clean my home. I didn't read your messages because I didn't want to be distracted. But I'll make it won't happen again, too!" I quickly add.

"If this happens again, tell me, what will I do?" he crosses his arms and my eyes immediately trace his biceps. I bite my lower lip. "Because to be honest, I feel like this will happen again in the near future."

"It's really up to you," I say shyly, prying my eyes away from his flexed biceps across his arms, praying to God that he didn't notice I was staring at his arms. "This is the first time I was late. But I'll make sure to let you know always what's going on with me as long as it concerns you or your schedules."

Wyatt is not angry anymore; his angry expression has been replaced with a blank expression, his lips set in a thin line. He nods his head in understanding, and he motions for me to go back to my desk just outside his office. I nod thankfully at him and get out of his office. I take a seat on my chair and login my office credentials to get access to the desktop. There's a piece of paper beside me; written on it are the changes of his schedule today – both meetings and presentations. There's a couple of numbers there, too. It could be a contact number or something, so I pulled out my calendar and Notepad to type it in just in case Wyatt forgets it. I open all the applications I need to use today, and once I'm logged into Skype, Kevin's face pops up and he messages me.

Thank you for the sleepover. It feels nice sleeping in your unit. Very comfortable. It reads, and I smile at his message. I roll my eyes playfully and send a reply back, thanking him for helping me up with house chores yesterday and how it made things easier for me.

I see him typing but before I even get to read his message, I stand up and head to the restroom. When I get back, after washing my hands for like almost five minutes, Wyatt is on my desk, his face near my computer screen and I half jog towards there. As I reach my desk, I see him looking at the conversation of me and Kevin and he looks up at me, a scowl evident on his face.

"So he spent the night with you?" I'm annoyed at the fact he has the guts to read someone else's conversation, but as my boss, I give him a small smile, which is a complete fake, and nod at him. "And... is he the reason why you're late? Is the reason why you didn't answer my texts and calls?"