➵ twenty six

SUNDAY

Dear diary,

yesterday was my birthday and I'm finally eighteen.

It feels kind of good but also it feels like nothing has changed.

Luke got me a bunch of new CD's and shirts which is awesome.

Ashton got me a coupon for a dinner for two in a restaurant (he gave it to me with a wink).

Do you want to know what calum gave me?

I will tell you.

**

After I celebrated the day with my family, Calum, Luke and Ashton picked me up at around eight o'clock and we drove to that cool location Calum told me about. The weather was nice so we decided that we would sleep under the stars and if it started raining, well, we still had the car to sleep in.

I was really excited to spend my birthday with my friends. I'm happy that Luke didn't throw a big party with lots of people who I don't even know.

When we arrived there it already started to get dark.

Calum and Ashton looked for wood for the bonfire while Luke and I just sat around.

I did nothing because "No, Michael. Sit down, it's your birthday."

Luke did nothing because he was lazy and "Look at Ashtons and Calums arms, I think they can do this without me."

When they were done with the bonfire we all got beer and started talking.

It was mostly Luke talking about embarrassing moments of my life. Ashton and Calum thought it was funny but it really wasn't.

"One time he peed himself in school because-"

"Okay, I think we should stop now," I cut him off and took another sip.

"Why? I love telling embarrassing stories about you," Luke said and pouted.

"But I don't."

We talked for another half an hour when Calum suddenly said: "Luke, Ashton. We're going to leave you alone now. I hope you don't mind?"

Ashton grinned and nodded, "It's okay."

"Wait, where are we going?" I asked confused but he just grabbed my hand and smiled.

"It's a surprise."

-

"Do you even know where we're going? Because I'm pretty sure that we're lost," I said.

We were walking through the forest for about twenty minutes now. It started to get really scary because it was really, really dark.

"We're not lost, I know exactly where I'm going. Look, we're here."

I looked around and we were standing on a big field with lots of flowers.

"It's beautiful but what exactly are we doing here?" I asked.

"I prepared a picnic for us. I didn't really know what to get you, I suck at looking for presents," he explained and I smiled.

"I think it's a cute idea. Thank you."

Now it was his turn to smile. I realized that we still held hands and it made me so happy.

He led us to the place he prepared the picnic and I thought that it was the cutest birthday present ever. We had a great time alone.

"Michael?" he asked.

"Yeah?"

"I need to tell you something."

I nodded and smiled but on the inside I was freaking out and my heart was racing.

"Uh, then t-tell me," I said.

"I like you, I really do."

"That's all?"

He nodded, then it was silent for a few minutes.

"Uh, Calum? I also need to tell you something. It's been on my mind for a few weeks and I don't know how long-"

He interrupted me.

By putting his lips on mine.

He kissed me.

I was so shocked I didn't know what do do. It seemed like I forgot how to move.

I wanted to kiss him back, so bad, but I couldn't.

He laid his hand on my cheek and caressed it with his thumb and in this moment I started to relax.

I started to kiss him back.

When he pulled away I was still in shock.

"You kissed me," I said, almost whispered and he nodded.

"You're shaking," Calum said and took my hands in his.

"Yeah, I g-guess I'm just overwhelmed."

My heart was still pounding like crazy.

"C-Can you, can we, uh-".

"You want me to kiss you again?"

I felt my cheeks redden but it was dark so Calum couldn't see it.

Without me saying anything else he kissed me again and it was the most amazing moment in my life.

**

He gave me a kiss for my birthday.

My first kiss.

I'm still smiling like an idiot.

I haven't told anyone about it yet.

Calum and I want to meet tomorrow. I'm kind of scared because I don't know how to act but at the same time I'm so happy to see him again.

I'm so happy.

- Michael :)