Chapter-11:Answers

Nicole P.O.V

Lauren had betrayed me. The newspaper headlines said that I had given up my company to my secretary Lauren and chosen an ulterior career. I looked up from the newspaper and faced them. Sejin was here today, he had come quickly after he heard what happened.

Sejin: "I believe I have some explaining to do since I am the cause of Nicole being here" I nodded and so did the others.

Sejin: "Before I was a manager I used to co-own a company with Stephan and Isabella Wyatt and Renald and Laura Rodriguez. We were doing fine for a while. Until we found out about an illegal business Renald and Laura were doing. Stephan and Renalds' families had known each other for a long time, so Stephan proposed a deal.

He would not tell the cops on them if they would give up their share of the company. Renald didn't like the deal, and murdered Stephan and Bella. The night it happened I heard the gunshots and came to see what happened. Before I could reach there I saw Nicole running towards me, she was about six years old and covered in blood. She told me what had happened and I called the cops, but Renald had already escaped. We had no proof it was him and the police wouldn't listen to her.

I knew it was too late to do anything and it would only be a matter of time before Renald came after her too. So the next day I secretly admitted her to a boarding school as far away as possible from the claws of the Rodriguez family. The police wouldn't listen to my case, and so I gave up my share in the company and came here.

I knew I had to protect the only thing Stephan had left behind, but I couldn't keep her close to me for fear of Renald knowing where she was. So I paid for all her expenses anonymously until I found her a good foster care. I thought I could keep her safe and she wouldn't have to be drawn into the mess Renald had created.

Until recently I found out that the spawn of those evil people worked with Nicole as her secretary. I knew the girl—Lauren would try something. So I drew Nicole away here to tell her the truth in the form of making a deal; that I would find out her parents murderers' and the only thing she had to do was write lyrics.

I waited this long because I wanted her to at least live a normal life before she avenged her parents. Then I heard Nicole talking to Lauren and telling her about the deal. I decided to tell her right then so that she would figure out what Lauren was doing. But I see it is too late, I am sorry"

I gaped, the biggest one yet. The questions in my head blew away like the dust. I didn't know for how long I was quiet until Taehyung tapped my shoulder with a concerned face. I faced Sejin.

Nicole: "Thank you Sejin for taking care of me all this time. I am most grateful for all you have done for me and my family." He nodded and smiled. When I turned back to the others who were gaping too I smiled.

Nicole: "I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused you, don't worry I will finish this album before anything else"

Jin: "I am truly sorry for what has happened to you, Nicole and so are the others. If you want, after this album you can still stay here for as long as you want."

Namjoon: "Yes, you can act as the manager's apprentice too if you feel bored"

Yoongi: "Can I see you later? I need to match your lyrics to the tune" I nodded.

Hoseok: "Ooh and you should come check out our practices too, I know Taehyung would do his best if you were there and maybe also Jungkook and Jimin"

Jungkook: "I already do my best, I know she'll like my moves better than Taehyungs'

Jimin: "Be careful of what you say in front of him, you know how he gets mad."

Taehyung: "You bet, Jimin. I'll take care of you later Jungkook" Jungkook gulped and scratched his head.

Jungkook: "Ha...ha I would love to Tae but I know you have better things to do like write lyrics with Nicole...Ha Ha" Then he ran away with a chuckling Jimin behind him.

Sejin: "I have to go, I guess I'll see you later"

Nicole: "Goodbye Sejin" I smiled. I was forever thankful for what he had done. I guess I wasn't as alone as I thought I was.

Now that this drama was over I had something very important to do. I told Taehyung I would meet him later to work on the song, since I just wanted some alone time. Once I was in my room I took out my phone and made a call.

Nicole: "Hello Lauren?"

Lauren: "Yes Boss?"

Nicole: "What is the meaning of this?"

Lauren: "I swear Boss I haven't told anyone about what we talked."

Nicole: "Then how did the media know?

Lauren: "Someone from the office must have over heard us Boss, I had kept you on speaker since I was going through some files"

Nicole: "And why does it say that you own this company?"

Lauren: "I don't know Boss, but I'm trying to find out"

Nicole: "I want this mess cleared up Lauren"

Lauren: "Yes Boss"

I exhaled, I knew I was rude during the conversation but I was only trying to find out if she had a hand in this. I tried to remember what sort of thing would give Lauren the company—paperwork, I would have to sign papers...Then it hit me like a ton of bricks—Lauren had made me sign some papers before I had left, I was busy arranging stuff so I quickly signed it and shooed her away. Those papers must have been the ones needed to give her the company, and I signed it without even reading it. How could I have been this stupid? Lauren knew I had trusted her enough to not question the papers. She had played this game well...and now it was my turn.

End of Nicole P.O.V