Down the Trapdoor We Go Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Yea, probably." I answered.

"The question is, which one?" Mione stated.

"It'll probably be the one that looks the most like the door." Harry answered.

I nodded in agreement.

"Alright, Harry, you're the seeker. Go on and get the key." Ron said.

Harry rolled his eyes but nodded, getting on the broom.

It didn't take long for him to find the key, however it did take a bit to get the key. Why you ask? Because the rest of the keys were chasing after Harry!

After Harry got the key, he tossed it to me. I unlocked the door quickly, we all hurried inside and I shut the door right as all the keys came hurtling towards it.

We all sighed in relief.

And so we walked on until we came across what looked like a grave yard. It gave me the creeps. There were statues all over. Some of them were knights.

"It looks like a grave yard..." I trailed off, clinging to Harry.

He held me behind him and nodded.

"Let's just cross it." Ron said.

We nodded, however we only got half way before the knight statues drew their swords. We jumped back immediately.

That's when I looked at the grave yard more closely.

It wasn't a grave yard...

"It's a chess board." Ron pointed out.

"So...Does that mean..." I trailed off.

"We'll have to play our way across. Harry, you take the bishop's square. Mel, the one next to him. Hermione, you're the queen's side castle. As for me, I'll be a knight." Ron confirmed.

We all took our places.

"Right, white moves first and then...We play."

Then a white pawn on the other side of the board moves forward.

Ron studies the board, and so do I. You know, just in case I can help him somehow.

"Ron, you don't suppose this going to be just like...real wizard's chess. Do you?" Mione asked.

"You there! D-5!" Ron shouted.

Suddenly, a black pawn moves forward and diagonally to the white pawn. Then, the white pawn raises its sword and smashes the black pawn.

Whoa...

We all jumped.

"Yes Hermione, I think this is going to be exactly like wizard's chess!"

Holy. Cricket.

And so the game went on and Ron played exceptionally.

But alas, there came the time when a sacrifice was needed. And Ron knew that he'd have to be that sacrifice. There wasn't anyway around it. Literally. We'd lose the game, and Snape would get the stone.

"Ron no!" Harry and I shouted.

"What is it?" Mione asked.

"Ron's going to sacrifice himself." I explained.

"No! You can't! There must be another way." Mione cried.

"Do you want to stop Snape or not? Harry, Mel, it's you two that have to go on. I know it. Not me, not Hermione. You."

Harry and I nodded. I felt like crying, but I didn't.

Ron can be a git sometimes, but he's a good friend. Like a brother.

"Knight to H-3."

Ron's piece moves and then stops.

"Check."

The queen turns and advances towards Ron.

My breathing stops.

Then, the queen smashes Ron's piece.

"NO!" Mione and I scream, but while she begins to advance I stay perfectly still.

"Wait! Don't move, don't forget. We're still playing." Harry stops Mione.

Then he walked diagonally to the square in front of the king.

"Checkmate."

The king's sword falls, signaling our victory.

We breathed out and ran towards Ron.

He's okay." I started. "He's just knocked out."

"Mione, take Ron to the Hospital Wing. We need to move ahead." I said.

She nodded and we parted ways.

After walking for a couple minutes, we came across a door.

"This is it." I started. "Are you ready?"

He nodded, linked our hands and opened the door.

We walked in, but instead of seeing Professor Snape, we saw Professor Quirrel.

Wait a sec...So that means...Holy mother of Merlin! It was Quirrel, not Snape!

"Professor Quirrel?" Harry asked, not quite catching on.

"Harry, it was Quirrel not Snape." I explained.

"Right you are Melodia. No one would suspect p-poor, q-quivering p-professor Quirrel." He said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes, zoning out.

That is until Voldy decided to show his ugly face, literally. His face was on the back Quirrel's head!

"Melodia Black, Harry Potter. Join me and you can see your parents again."

I didn't even hesitate.

"NEVER!" Harry and I chorused.

"KILL THEM!"

Suddenly, Quirrel launched himself at us. I pushed Harry out of the way, causing Quirrel to pin me to floor, choking me.

"Melody!"

I put my hand on his face and pushed. He screeched, recoiling in pain.

I looked down at my hands but there was nothing there. Quirrel's face was all burned, but he was still alive.

He advanced towards me again, but Harry pushed him away. He screamed again.

Harry and I nodded and touched his face together, then we backed away quickly.

He advanced towards us again, only to fall to the floor. Dead.

We panted and hugged.

Once we parted, a shadowy being fazed through us. Successfully knocking us out. A figure that looked a lot like Dumbledore standing over us, was the last thing I saw before darkness consumed my vision.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello! Ok. So I know this is a little late in the day, but I had to eat dinner, so that took some time. Sooooo, yea. But, it's here like I promised. So, there ya go! Anyways, gotta go, I'll update soon! :)

~Rainbow