( 18 ) AND NO ONE COULD FEEL YOUR HURT

━ 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬 ━

     SWEET PEA WALKED INTO the trailer, eyes tired yet filled with excitement to see his family

     SWEET PEA WALKED INTO the trailer, eyes tired yet filled with excitement to see his family. "I'm home, munchkins!" He called out. He heard voices shout daddy before being followed by running footsteps. A grin spread across his lips as his two children ran towards him.

     McKenna, his and Kira's six year old, and Cyrus, their four year old, jumped into their father's arms. Sweet Pea kissed each of their foreheads before asking where their mother was. As if summoned, Kira Conrad walked into the living room as graceful as ever. She wore a red loose dress that went down to her knees, her hair put up into a bun that was held by two pins. Sweet Pea smiled lovingly at his wife. "There's the love of my life." He said, causing her to blush.

     "And there's the loves of my life." Kira said as she walked over to her husband and kids. She grabbed Cyrus and balanced him on her hip as she pecked Sweet Pea on the lips, their children simultaneously eww-ing. The husband and wife laughed against one another's lips before they pulled away. Cyrus jumped forward and smacked Sweet Pea's chest.

     "Hey, what was that for, big man?" Sweet Pea asked, eyebrows furrowed together as he looked at his son. Cyrus giggled and smacked him against. Sweet Pea pretendes to be hurt and stumbled back a bit, making McKenna let out a scream, not wanting to fall. Sweet Pea quickly gripped her tightly and held her to his chest. "McKenna's my favorite now."

     Hearing those words, Cyrus' lip trembled and soon enough he was crying. Kira groaned and looked at her husband with a look of disbelief. "I'm sorry." He apologized.

     "Don't say that to me, say that to your son." She demanded as she shook her head. Sweet Pea turned to his son and handed Kira McKenna so he could hold Cyrus.

     He held Cyrus and shushed him as he rocked him back and forth, apologizing about a million times. Cyrus wiped his tears away and rested his head on his father's shoulders. Kira shook her head and kissed the crown of Cyrus' head. Cyrus then looked up at McKenna and smacked her arm. "I'm daddy's favorite!"

     McKenna gasped and smacked him back. "Well I'm mommy's favorite!"

     "Guys! Your daddy and I don't have favorites, okay? We love you two both the same." Kira told her children. Sweet Pea made a face, making Kira give him a sharp glare. He nodded and got rid of his expression, agreeing with Kira.

Then he woke up.