( 17 ) YOU WORE WHEN YOU RAN AWAY

━ 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 ━

     SWEET PEA LET HIS tears fall like the water in a waterfall, his eyes resembling pools of blood

     SWEET PEA LET HIS tears fall like the water in a waterfall, his eyes resembling pools of blood. He let out harsh breaths as he clutched his chest, the boy shaking his head and wiping under his nose as he sobbed. He had never felt more broken in his life.

     The sixteen year old had been cleaning out his room, trying to distract his mind from all the horrible thoughts that lived there every damn day. Along the way, he had came across a full album. The pages were filled with pictures of him and Kira, Kira, Toni and Fangs and Kira, him and Kira and Toni and Fangs, and Kira with FP, because FP was always a father figure to the girl. He had sat down on the floor beside his bed and flipped through it, tears coming out slowly at first.

     But then they came more rapidly and his breathing was ragged and harsh. He couldn't bring himself to stop crying; he didn't even notice he was crying until he felt himself sobbing. He had lost the love of his life and it was as if he lost himself, too. She was always there for him no matter what and they were never apart. She had moved in with him, for God's sakes. She was his everything. But she was gone in a flash. With a shard of glass and a single bathtub, he lost her.

     "Sweet Pea?" The voice was angelic. One of hope and faith and pure softness. Sweet Pea knew he was going out of his mind when he heard it. It wasn't her and he knew it, but that didn't stop him from looking up. The boy looked up to see Honey, the brunette dressed in a white dress that had sunflowers printed on the skirt. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her eyes were sad. "Why are you crying?"

     "Why am I crying?" Sweet Pea chuckled, shaking his head. "Why am I crying? You're really asking why I am crying? What kind of question is that?"

     The expression on her face showed she was taken aback. It wasn't her, though. "I — I'm sorry."

     "Sorry for what, Kira? Sorry that you broke me? Sorry that you made me fall in love with you without a damn warning that you were going to do this? That you were going to take your own life? Sorry that you fucking killed yourself?" Sweet Pea shouted at her.

     Kira shook her head, tears streaming down her face. "No, honey. I — I was hurting and I wasn't thinking about others I'd hurt."

     "I could've helped you, you know that? Goddamnit, Kira, if you would've just told me! You hurt me! You hurt me, you hurt Fangs, you hurt Toni, you hurt your dad, you hurt FP, you hurt everyone! You did an awful thing, Kira, and you can't take it back! Sorry isn't going to cut it. So why are you — why are you saying sorry like it's going to put a bandaid on everything and it's all going to be better? Nothing will ever be the same. I'm fucking broken and you put me here." Sweet Pea shouted, his hands running through his now short hair.

     Kira sobbed and sat down beside him, wrapping her arms around him tightly. Sweet Pea sobbed loudly as he fell weak in her arms. He let himself go, completely letting out every single thing he had been holding in. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Kira repeated softly to him as she shook her head. She placed kisses at the crown of his head. Sweet Pea shook his head and continued to cry.

     After a while, Sweet Pea looked up at her and he let out another sob. "And you're not even here." The figure of Kira Summer disappeared. And Sweet Pea was left alone with his arms wrapped around his own self.