Twenty. (Part One)

Start from the beginning

She stood up from the bed and walked towards the table, picking up her own cell phone.

"What's your problem?" He questioned his wife, ending the phone call in slight anger.

Anaaya acted unbothered.

He saw her dial a number as she took out a shirt from the closet and then a towel.

"Hello? Yes aunty, can you tell phupho that I promised to go with Hiba after lunch and can't go right now?"

She said through the phone and then after hearing her mother in law's response, she ended the call.

"Yeah, Thankyou."

After putting her belongings on the couch, she opened the bedroom door, she called out her son as she spotted him running across the living room.

"Rohaan, where are your shoes?" She stopped him by using her hand and looked at him as the maid arrived in that very moment.

Her hands were carrying a basket of clothes already, Anaaya knew she had to give out the dirty clothes for laundry too.

"Go wear them."

She said to Rohaan and then turned around, she walked back inside, picking up the dirty clothes from the floor, there were several clothes that was sprawled over the couch as well, she had collected them last night knowing that tomorrow was laundry day.

"Anaaya."

Hassan called her out one more time but she ignored his voice and instead put the clothes in the basket.

"Acha is wale ko haath se dhona, ye fabric sensitive hai kharab ho jayega. And Aira k kapre separately dhona Acha?"

She was busy instructing her how to wash the clothes and in what way, that she saw Azlaan entering the room too.

"Morning bhabhi."

He greeted and she passed him a smile. A lot of things have changed about him in the past few years, he was much calm and much more understanding.

He was for sure more respectful to Anaaya as well. In fact, they had been getting along quite well lately.

"Bhai, I need to talk to you." He announced sitting on the bed with a few files in his hand.

He didn't care that his brother was half naked, without a shirt and just sat on the mattress of the bed.

"Yeah, what is it?"

Since both the brothers had serious expressions on their faces, she found and sat on the couch as well, closing the door.

"Bhai, I think it's hightime that we talk about the properties and business."

Hassan did not want to talk about it at all. Of course, as his father's son he knew what he owned and how it was to be distributed but this time was so critical and everyone was in their phase of mourning, that he did not deem this time to be worthy of talking about money.

"Azlaan."

He try to dismiss the topic but his brother shook his head.

"No bhai, its everyone's right. It's not just you and me, it's our sisters as well."

Upon hearing the name of his sisters, he softened.

"And why should I go to an outside lawyer when I have you?" Hassan finally nodded, getting more attentive and sitting up straight.

"Okay, yeah."

He looked at his wife who was sat on the couch, using her phone.

"Anaaya, Aziz bhai se bolo chai to bana dain."