Fifteen.

Hope ya'll like it!! Thanks for reading! Vote and comment ♥️

Anaaya x Hassan.

The moment she stepped inside the house, she realised the chaos that was going on in it.

She saw the uncleaned living room, the busy kitchen and the chit chatter of a few people.

She didn't understand what ten people were doing in her apartment, where her children were and what the hell was going on.

Hassan, on the other hand was still in the car with the driver. She frowned upon seeing the loud noise and she called out Maggie's name, drawing all attention to herself.

It was Hassan's mother who rushed towards Anaaya though, eyes shining.

"Aunty? What's going on?" She questioned, mildly scowling.

"Oh I had some guests over. I thought we could welcome Hassan, you know.."

Anaaya shook her head, sighing.

"And how do you know these people?"

"They live in this complex. You didn't know?"

Ofcourse she knew.

There's Senator Kingsley's mistress with their love child, there's that writer couple who only write erotica fiction, there's the Seth family, who make a living out of reviewing food places and there's David and Jon, the gay couple who own a private company together.

She knew her neighbours. They hardly met but she knew them all, and they definitely knew Hassan.

But this moment is private, not public. Hassan would be seeing his children for the first time in three months, this isn't how I want it to happen.

"Maggie!" She snapped her fingers at the girl who was busy flirting with the boy from Seth family.

She shrugged, coming towards her.

"Maggie! Why didn't you call me? What the hell is this? Is this a party?"

She hissed, not loud enough but firm enough.

Maggie stared at her apologetically.

"She said not to disturb you." She replied.

"Where are the kids?" She questioned the girl who looked at the floor, biting her lip.

"Rania has them upstairs. Why are you acting like this, Anaaya? It's a good thing, my boy is coming home. It should be special."

Anaaya felt like it was the end of her temperament. She could not deal with this.

Ever since Aunty Shagufta had arrived, she had taken ahold of the house, from what the children would eat to what they would wear. Anaaya didn't mind.

She was busy tending to Hassan. But this? This was too much.

"Aunty, I'm bringing your son upstairs in a few minutes and before that, I need all of them gone." She mumbled, but it was audible enough.

"And clean the fucking apartment, Maggie!" She snapped, closing the door loudly and leaving the apartment.

--

She didn't want to do this to her mother in law, she didn't want to claim some sort of ownership over the apartment but this was an important moment, she didn't want it to be spoiled.

She strolled down the three steps and opened the door to the car.

"Langdon, can you please help Hassan upstairs?" She said in low voice, almost whispering.