forty-five

*Emma's POV*

It was all coming true. The dreams. First Luke's mother slaps me and makes my lip bleed, secondly the song Luke recorded for me was real, thirdly I fall down the stairs and my nose begins to bleed, and now my baby's gone.

"Em?" Perrie rubbed my back as I laid crying on the hospital bed. "Did you call Niall?" I managed to ask through my tears. "Yeah bubs, he's on his way now." "Thank you." "I'm going to get you some food." "I don't want to eat." "I know bubs, but you have to." She said making her way out of the room leaving me alone to cry.

My baby was gone. Luke and I weren't going to be parents after all.

*Luke's POV*

"Hi, do you know where Emma Hemmings is staying?" "No, we don't have an Emma Hemmings here sir." The woman behind the desk told me. Damnit, we hadn't changed her name yet. "Sorry, I mean Russet, Emma Russet." "Um, one minute." She typed on her computer. "Yes, room 52, it's on the second flo-" "Thank you." I said quickly cutting her off and running upstairs.

I sighed as I got by her room. I didn't know if she knew I was coming or if she wanted to see me. I missed her, awfully. I opened the door quietly to see her back turned against the door, laying on the bed. I could hear her sobbing as I shut the door gently behind me. I walked over to the bed and laid down behind her wrapping my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me. "Luke?" She asked trembling. "I'm right here baby." I said quietly as she turned around so I could see her face. "I'm sorry Luke." She said resting her head on my chest so I couldn't see her face no more. "Baby, it's not your fault." "Our baby is dead Luke. It's gone." I couldn't hold my tears in for any longer. The dreams and wished that we made were all gone. "Emma, baby. It's not your fault okay?" I rubbed her back gently as she cried more.

-

By seven pm, everyone had come to the hospital. Everyone was doing their best to comfort Emma but I could see she wanted to be left alone. The doctor came in and told us that visiting times were over unless one person wanted to stay over, everyone begun to say their goodbyes, as Emma hadn't asked anyone to stay. "I'll come tomorrow baby." I said quietly kissing her forehead about to leave with everyone else. "Luke?" "Yeah baby?" "Stay with me?" She said, sounding more like a question as if I wanted to go. I didn't reply, instead I laid back down next to her as she turned to face me. "I've missed you." I said quietly, not sure if that was the right thing to say. I felt her wrap her arms around me and move closer into my chest I couldn't see her face. "I've missed you." She said quietly as she begun to cry again. "I'm sorry." She said for what seemed like the hundredth time. "Baby, it's not your fault okay? It happens all the time. We'll try again in a couple of years time, when we're older and finished college and got more money." I said rubbing her back. She didn't reply or talk to me for the rest of the time I was there until she fell asleep. I felt useless, we lost a huge part of us and I didn't know what to do. I thought about maybe talking to a doctor, understanding how she would feel and how I could help. "Luke?" I woke up her as I tried getting off the bed. "Baby, I'm here." I said quietly. "Don't leave." She said, her face was still in my chest making it hard for me to see her. "I'm not leaving honey." I said tightening my grip around her.

-

*Emma's POV*

I was allowed to leave the next day thankfully. I had to visit again in a week to make sure my body was all good and healthy. "Are you coming home?" Luke asked as he took my hand in his. "I can't." I said quietly as I watched his face fall. "Not with the baby's room right in front of me Luke." I added. "I'll clear it up later with Ashton okay?" He said as I nodded. "Come home soon." He said as I nodded and begun to walk to Perrie's car as she was taking me back to her house. "Emma?" I turned back to him. "I miss you." He said as I could feel tears forming in my eyes again.

Hiiii, please vote and comment, next chapter should be up tomorrow. Xx