eighteen

I couldn't sleep at all, I was tired but I couldn't fall asleep. Luke was asleep next to me, I didn't want to wake him, I watched him as he slept, he was adorable, I can't even imagine how he feels. I heard my phone buzz next to me.

Kinda miss you, wish your boyfriend brought you along too. Maybe I'll come see you soon. ;) -D xx

Shit, is he being serious. "fuck, fuck, fuck," I said sitting up, running my fingers through my hair, "babe?" I looked down at Luke who was awake but still half asleep. "what's the matter?" he asked, "nothing, go back to sleep," I said, "Kay," he said sleepily. 

-

"Morning," Luke said waking up, I was staring at the ceiling, "hey," I said not looking at him, "you okay?" "No, I couldn't sleep," he sighed, "do you wanna miss school today?" I shook my head, "no, there's no point missing school," I said getting up, "I'm hungry," I said smiling at Luke, he got up too and we went downstairs for breakfast.

"I'll see you in a bit," I said after having breakfast, "okay babe." I went back to Niall's house to get dressed, "Niall!" I said going into the kitchen "hey you okay?" His back was turned to me, "No," he turned to look at me, "shit Emma, did you not sleep? You look really tired," "no I couldn't sleep at all, but forget that, look at this fucking text he sent me this morning," I showed him the text and watched him as his face went pale. "Fuck," he sighed, "Niall, what is happening? Everything is so fucking dramatic," He sighed, "I don't know, I really don't fucking know."

-

I was too tired to do my makeup properly but I wasn't willing not to put any on. I sighed, the dark circles under my eyes didn't want to be hidden, no matter how much makeup I'd put on. "Luke's downstairs," Niall said coming in the room, "where's Ashton?" I asked, "he's downstairs having breakfast," "what's he gonna do for the day?" "He said he was gonna go to Luke's house and meet up with Luke after school." I nodded, "okay, cool." I said getting up walking downstairs. Seeing Luke made me happy, he wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped mine around his neck pulling him down for a kiss, "Morning Luke," Niall's mum said, I let go quickly feeling embarrassed as she chuckled, I heard Ashton laughing behind her. "God Emma, you look so tired, did Lukey keep you up all night?" He winked. It was weird because I had only met him yesterday yet he speaks to me as if I'm his best friend. "No, I couldn't sleep," "Don't worry baby, you still look perfect," Luke said to me, "ew, you guys are so gross and cliche," Ashton said laughing. "Fuck you," Luke said to Ashton, "sure name a time and place and I'll be there," Ashton said to Luke, "when was the last time you got laid man?" Luke asked him, Ashton's smile disappeared of his face, "couple of months," he said as Luke laughed at him. "No wonder you're like this, anyway, don't wreck my house." as he handed Ashton his keys, Ashton laughed, "nah I just want a bed and food."

-

"Did you show Luke this?" Perrie asked in science as I showed her the text from this morning, "No! He already got in a fight with him yesterday Perrie, I can't stand seeing him hurt like this," Perrie sighed, "You look proper tired," "I am, couldn't sleep at all last night, everything's getting worse," "Let's go out today? After school? We can go shopping, get some coffee, it's nearly your birthday, have you planned to do anything?" "Sure, I'll meet you by the gates after school. And no, I don't really wanna do anything," "What? It's your 18th birthday, of course you're doing something." I rolled my eyes, each year Perrie would force me to do something for my birthday, usually her or Niall would throw me a party but I wasn't feeling a party this year. "I don't know, don't feel like having a party, plus there's still like a week, it's too early to be talking about birthday details." She rolled her eyes at me now, "I'll see you at lunch," she said as the bell went. 

I walked to my locker to get my books for maths but there was a huge crowd surrounding the whole hallway, "the fuck?" I said quietly, "excuse me, I tried getting past everyone, I guessed it was just some dumb flight which happens nearly every single fucking week. I saw Louis as I was trying to get past, "Louis! What's happening?" "Hey Emma, there's a fight, I can't see who but I heard someone say Conor so who knows," Conor? Was he back in school. I tried getting past, annoying many people as I squeezed through, I could see Conor, he had many bruises on his face and his eyes were black, that's Luke's work alright. I couldn't see who he was punching, they must've been laying on the floor. "Excuse me, I need to get past," I said trying to get closer to them, that's when I saw Niall. He was laying on the floor, his face covered in blood, Conor was punching him hard, he got off of Niall and started kicking him. "NIALL!!!" I screamed running to him, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I turned to Conor, I pushed him hard making him trip and fall into the lockers behind him, everyone around us went silent. I didn't stop there, I slapped Conor hard across his face, "FUCK YOU!" I screamed at him, he started laughing at me, "little Emma's here to save her best friend," I shoved him again making him fall back into the lockers, he turned to look at me, he was angry, very angry, he pushed me hard making me fall and hit my head onto the lockers opposite. I could feel the blood drip down my forehad, he walked over to me laughing, "Emma!" I heard three 4 voices at once, I turned my head to see Perrie, Zayn, Louis and Harry. 

I had never seen Zayn look so mad, he walked straight to Conor kicking him in his 'down there,' hard, making Conor bend over with pain, Louis came to me as Perrie and Harry went to get Niall. I watched Zayn as he started punching Conor straight in the teeth, blood gushed out of his mouth. "Emma?" Louis was calling me, "huh?" I asked, "what hurts?" "my head,"I said touching it feeling the blood. "Fuck," he said "Harry?!" He called, "What's the matter?" He came over, "I think she's gonna pass out," "Niall's already passed out, we need to get them both to the nurse." That was the last thing I heard.

-

*Luke's POV*

I was sitting next to some girl called Hailey, she was talking to be about something which I was not paying attention to. "Luke?" "Huh, yeah what?" "So you're dating Emma?" I nodded smiling at the sound of her name. "She's not good enough for you," that wiped the smile off of my face, "what do you mean?" The bell rung as soon as I asked her, "I guess we could have lunch together and I can tell you," she said as she was about to leave the classroom, I grabbed her arm and pulled her back, "no, you can tell me now," "I'm gonna be late for French," "I don't fucking care." She sighed sitting back down, luckily the teacher had left so the classroom was empty. "Well I was dating Conor before her, me and her was best friends, she knew I was in love with him, I loved Conor more than anything. Anyway there was this party and I couldn't find Conor, I went upstairs to find him, I knew he was proper smashed, I walked into the room to see Emma tryna have sex with Conor, he was trying to get her off but she was persistent. When she saw me she was trying to blame it on Conor, said that it was him." "What bullshit," I said laughing, "it's the truth," I looked at her, she had tears in her eyes, "Emma's made Conor some kind of idiot now anyway." She took her bag and left the classroom. 

I didn't believe her at all, I didn't have time to deal with her bullshit lies. I looked at the clock, I had only missed 15 minutes of class, I'll just make up some excuse to why I was late. As I walked to Maths I saw a whole crowd of people, it was like half the school crowing over something. "Hey man, what's happening?" I asked the nearest person, "there's some fight, apparently a girl got involved because the boy was her boyfriend or something and she got hurt." I frowned, "thanks," I tried getting through everyone to see who it was. It was hard to get through every single person as they wanted to see what was happening too. I couldn't see anything, "excuse me," I must've said this 50 times until I got to the front. 

I saw Conor, pushed against the locker, Zayn in front of him punching him hard in his stomach, there was already blood all over Conor's face, a lot of blood was gushing out of his teeth. I saw Niall on the floor, blood all over his face and clothes, his eyes were shut, Perrie was sitting next to him, trying to wake him up but failing. I was about to walk over to Niall when I saw Emma. She was laying in front of the lockers, there was blood dripping down from her head. "What the fuck happened to her?" I asked Harry, "She saw Niall getting beaten up by Conor and she tried to stop him but he shoved her and well.. she's passed out now, we need to take her to a nurse." "Are you fucking serious?!" I turned around, Zayn was handling with Conor now but I will deal with him later. "Can you guys get Niall? I'll carry Emma to the nurse." They nodded and went to get Niall, I picked Emma up in my arms, everyone crowding was silent and moved to the side as I carried Emma down to the nuse with Harry, Louis, Perrie and Niall behind me. "I think I'm gonna get Zayn, I don't want him getting hurt," Perrie said.

-

"Ashton?" "Yeah wassup bro," I rang Ashton and told him what happened, "so where's Niall and Emma now?" "School nurse," "Are they gonna be okay?" "Yeah she thinks Niall's leg is broken so we have to go to the hospital when he wakes up." "Alright so what we gonna do?" "I dunno, whatever we do to them, they just keep coming back." "Yeah, we need someone to like proper teach them a lesson," "What do you mean Ash?" "Well you know those boys that beat you up when you was like 14?" "The ones that fucked my life up?" "Er.. yeah basically one of the guys Liam, he's dating my sister, he's proper wrapped around her finger, man so I could ask him if he will do something," "But he hates me.." "You don't have to be there." "What can he do? These boys would just fight back." "Luke, they shanked two man last week," I sighed, "do what you gotta do then." "Yes bro, now you're talking." "I just don't want Emma to 'keep continuously getting hurt."  "Woah man, you actually sound like you care for her." "I do care for her." "This is a first, my little Luke is finally growing up." I started laughing, "shut up, I'm worried she's gonna get hurt even more because of me." She won't, but you just need to stay out of their shit now. Did you tell Emma what's happened?" "No and she doesn't need to know."