nineteen

"Hey," I said softly as Emma woke up, she had a bandage going around her head, "ouch." she said touching her forehead, "Yeah the nurse said it would hurt for a few more hours." "Where's Niall?" "Harry and Louis took him to the hospital, his leg broke." "Conor broke his leg?" I could see the anger in her eyes, I nodded. "You should've seen Zayn. He was proper mental." "Really?" I nodded again. "Can we go see Niall?" "Yeah, you're allowed to leave." She smiled getting off the bed as I picked up her bag and took her hand, "I can carry it," she said trying to take the bag, "so can I," I said making her roll her eyes. 

-

"Excuse me, do you know where Niall Horan is staying?" I asked the woman working at the reception of the hospital. "One second," she looked through her papers, "room 214." "Thank you," Emma said to her taking my hand and walking up the stairs.

"Niall!" Emma said walking into the room, he had a cast on his leg. He had bruises all over his face and down his arms. His lip was badly cut but other than that he had a huge smile on his face as we walked in. Emma ran over to him and hugged him tightly. "It's okay, I'm alive." He said laughing. Zayn was sitting on one side of the bed with Perrie in his lap. Harry and Louis were sitting squashed on one seat on the opposite side. "Hey Luke," Niall said noticing me, "hey, you okay?" He shrugged. "Why did Conor start on you?" I asked as I sat on one of the spare chairs, "Umm.. He walked past me talking shit about Emma, pissed me off so I punched him, then walked away stupidly not thinking he would come for me, so yeah my own fault really," "No it's not your fault, you didn't do anything wrong." Emma said walking over to me and sat in my lap. We all went silent, Emma started to play with my fingers, "when can you leave?" I asked, "the dcotor said by tomorrow morning," Perrie answered for Niall. "I'll pick you up." I said, "what about school?" Emma asked me, "fuck it."

-

"Do you wanna get dinner?" I asked Emma as we walked to the car. "Sure," "where too?" "wherever you want." She said as she sat down and closed her eyes, "are you okay baby?" "yeah, tired." We ended up going to McDonalds. "Come on, let's go eat and then you can sleep," I said waking Emma up. "I'm not hungry. My head hurts." "I know babe, but you have to eat something so I can give you some paracetamol to help the pain." She sighed getting out of the car, I took her hand as we walked into McDonald's. There wasn't many people there because it was pretty late, "what do you wanna eat?" "umm.. I don't know. I'll go see what's on the menu that doesn't contain a billion calories." she said laughing, walking to the counter.

She fell asleep again whilst we were in the car. She was so gorgeous. I sighed as I parked the car, I didn't wanna wake her up, the moonlight was reflecting you she looked like angel in disguise. "Hey, we're home." I said gently waking her up. "Hmmm..Kayy." She said waking up.

-

I couldn't sleep that night, I was worried about Emma, I know her being with me there was a lot of things which was going hurt her, I didn't want her to keep getting hurt because of my past. I was going to do anything to protect her, I refused to let anything to hurt her. The more she gets hurt the more I feel like a stupid useless boyfriend. I watched her as she moved closer to me while she slept, she made me happy, she makes me feel like a somebody.

-

*Emma's POV*

I woke up feeling better, Luke wasn't next to me like he usually was, he was probably getting ready. I grabbed my phone to see 5 text messages and 1 missed call. I opened my first text which was from Perrie asking if I wanted to go shopping after school today, I replied a quick yes before reading the next 3 texts, one from Louis and Harry both of them asking if I was okay. The next next from from Dylan again.

Heard you got hurt. Your boyfriend'd supposed to look after you, where was he? Shagging some other girl I bet lol.

I sighed deleting the text and opening the next one. It was from my mum.